tent question

briand97

I climbing next week and am having the damnedest time deciding what tent(s) to take.

I'm taking a group of three; me, my girlfriend and my friend. I could take:

2 - 2 person tents (both sturdy little 3 season) good in wind.

1 - 2 person and 1 - 1 person (the 1 person needs tie downs and I know that can be problematic at lunch counter). Also not sure how it would do in moderate wind or above.

1 - 3 person bomber four season tent - but talk about complete and utter overkill...

Not sure exactly what to do though? lightest would probably be the 1 and 2 person combo followed by 3 person.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the weather forecast just before you head out. I"d take the mountain tent if there was a forecast including rain or wind, and NO tent if it was the usual August no chance of badweather forecast. (The main drawback of this "light" option is you might get harassed by - eeek - mice.)

After having sunset copulation at Lunch Counter with my GF, I'd never go up there again without the option of a private tent. Bring the two person love shack for the two of you, send your buddy with a bivy sack however far away you need for your GF to feel comfortable, bring some courvosier and a fish sandwich and enjoy. :rawk::brew:

Edited by hefeweizen

Can this be moved to spray now? ;)

You are like the guy on the freeway that drives slow in the fast lane to prevent others from speeding.

Actually I am the guy behind you in the fast lane flashing my lights letting you know......you are in the fast lane driving slowly and to get over!

• 1 month later...