• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Spencer

Mountaineers.org

:pagetop: :pagetop: :pagetop:

planetoftheapes.jpg

I can say from experience that these guys are not Mountaineers. If they were, they would have them wearing helmets and belay gloves. There are other a couple of other details, but I'll skip those. But this ain't a Moutaineers pic. (The other ones look like they were.)

yes, but notice the full head of hair on that guy. and the harness!

yes, but notice the full head of hair on that guy. and the harness!

I also like the woman standing on the rope, grinding dirt through the sheath. Great technique!

Yeah, busted. My Bad

peeweeherman01_story.jpg

Not Mounties pic - let me make up for my mistake:

SENNNDD!!!!

H_BOULDER11.JPG

Okay, true. On the other end of the scale though, I've read trip descriptions in their trip sign-ups that included the statements "must be able to tolerate copious amounts of foul language and un-PC behavior by both genders" and "slow party members will be killed and eaten". Mind you, these are NOT the norm, it is entirely up to the trip leader what goes into the Leader Notes of a trip description, and occasionaly someone with some gusto and some humor says what they feel.

What I'm saying is those pics are not the norm, either. You keep showing pics of the same fat guy. Okay, that's one guy out of one class out of one year, shown repeatedly. Yeah, it is funny, and I wonder if he ever finished the class. I can't imagine him making it to the base of a climb, let alone summiting. But he does make for amusing pics.

Come to think of it, he might be good to have on a climb in case the group got off route - there would be plenty there to eat for days. My only worry would be that he might eat me first...

Come to think of it, he might be good to have on a climb in case the group got off route - there would be plenty there to eat for days. My only worry would be that he might eat me first...

I wonder if those aren't photos from a "scrambling" course, rather than the BCC.

I wonder if those aren't photos from a "scrambling" course, rather than the BCC.

Good point - must be, since they're not wearing harnesses. They nearly always have those on at the bcc field trips...

It would be even funnier if they were wearing harnesses. But do they make a harness big enough to fit you-know-who?

Remember the Close Calls story about the JTree guides getting banged up and fined as a result of top-roping the Goodyear Blimp?

It would be even funnier if they were wearing harnesses. But do they make a harness big enough to fit you-know-who?

Maybe rig up something with slings, like the seatbelt extenders they use on airplanes...

i tied in with an East German on Mt Cook who was blimp shaped and his webbing harness kept slipping off his hips because his waist was the widest part of his anatomy.

i tied in with an East German on Mt Cook who was blimp shaped and his webbing harness kept slipping off his hips because his waist was the widest part of his anatomy.

Everyone starts out as gaper.

exactly...everyone always forgets about learning to climb.

Edited by sammy