Scooter....free as a bird

kevbone

Bush administration = crime family. I mean lets get real……George Bush was not even in the White House when the letter to communicate Scooter Libby was released. He was out fishing with his father. Dick Cheney released that letter. We all know why he did it. So Libby would not sing like a bird and tattle tale on this current administration.

“I respect the decision of the jury”

George Bush

Bullshit……if you really respected the decision you would keep you’re trap shut and let the punishment commence.

Call you’re congressman today…..this is an outrage.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July…….but it is not a holiday.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for sure that Bush would let him sit in jail at least a month or so to make it seem less blatant. Everyone knew he would be rewarded for his silence. It is kinda like the mafia Omerta. Cheney the old mumbling kingpin, Georgie the stupid public face of the operation. I think it has potential for at least a B movie.

Bush administration = crime family. I mean lets get real……George Bush was not even in the White House when the letter to communicate Scooter Libby was released. He was out fishing with his father. Dick Cheney released that letter. We all know why he did it. So Libby would not sing like a bird and tattle tale on this current administration.

“I respect the decision of the jury”

George Bush

Bullshit……if you really respected the decision you would keep you’re trap shut and let the punishment commence.

Call you’re congressman today…..this is an outrage.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July…….but it is not a holiday.

Want more???

On August 11, 1999, Clinton commuted the sentences of 16 members of FALN, a violent Puerto Rican nationalist group that set off 120 bombs in the United States mostly in New York City and Chicago, convicted for conspiracies to commit robbery, bomb-making, and sedition, as well as for firearms and explosives violations.[3] None of the 16 were convicted of bombings or any crime which injured another person, though they were sentenced with terms ranging from 35 to 105 years in prison for the conviction of conspiracy and sedition. Congress, however, recognizes that the FALN is responsible for "6 deaths and the permanent maiming of dozens of others, including law enforcement officials." All of the 16 had served 19 years or longer in prison, which was a longer sentence than such crimes typically received, according to the White House.[citation needed] Clinton offered clemency, on condition that the prisoners renounce violence, at the appeal of 10 Nobel Peace Prize laureates, President Jimmy Carter, the cardinal of New York, and the archbishop of Puerto Rico. The commutation was opposed by U.S. Attorney's Office, the FBI, and the Federal Bureau of Prisons and criticized by many including former victims of FALN terrorist activities, the Fraternal Order of Police,[4] members of Congress, and Hillary Clinton in her campaign for Senator.[5] Congress condemned the action, with a vote of 95-2 in the Senate and 311-41 in the House.[6][7] The U.S. House Committee on Government Reform held an investigation on the matter, but the Justice Department prevented FBI officials from testifying.[8] President Clinton cited executive privilege for his refusal to turn over some documents to Congress related to his decision to offer clemency to members of the FALN terrorist group.

Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory pardons

In March 2000, Bill Clinton pardoned Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory, owners of the carnival company United Shows International, for charges of bank fraud from a 1982 conviction (the couple were already out of jail, but the prior conviction prevented them from doing business transactions in certain states). First Lady Hillary Clinton's youngest brother, Tony Rodham, was an acquaintance of the Gregorys, and had lobbied Clinton on their behalf.[9] In October 2006, the group Judicial Watch filed a request with the U.S. Justice Department for an investigation, alleging that Rodham had received $107,000 from the Gregorys for the pardons, in the form of loans that were never repaid, as part of a quid pro quo scheme

Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory pardons

In March 2000, Bill Clinton pardoned Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory, owners of the carnival company United Shows International, for charges of bank fraud from a 1982 conviction (the couple were already out of jail, but the prior conviction prevented them from doing business transactions in certain states). First Lady Hillary Clinton's youngest brother, Tony Rodham, was an acquaintance of the Gregorys, and had lobbied Clinton on their behalf.[9] In October 2006, the group Judicial Watch filed a request with the U.S. Justice Department for an investigation, alleging that Rodham had received $107,000 from the Gregorys for the pardons, in the form of loans that were never repaid, as part of a quid pro quo scheme

you stupid fuck- if your platform is "moral", like this administration i can hardly see the connection between actions and claims. besides- we are talking national security and blowing cover for CIA field agent as an act of revenge.

IMO any pardon by any president is a disgrace. It flies in the face of the people who work for the Justice department who do the time to convict people. There are so many people who are guilty the justice department does not convict becuase they do not have the time, and just do not have enough evidence beyond a resonable doubt.

IMO any pardon by any president is a disgrace. It flies in the face of the people who work for the Justice department who do the time to convict people. There are so many people who are guilty the justice department does not convict becuase they do not have the time, and just do not have enough evidence beyond a resonable doubt.

I agree. Any president that does this is a disgrace.

Those are some dirty-looking lists, not a one of 'em seems clean. Look at all of the white-collar financial crimes. Why should we accept that a president gets this power? Oh right, because the Bibl-er-Constitution says so, and the more importantly the powerful (usually due to wealth) have little concept of justice, beyond how it can be manipulated.

Edited by ashw_justin

Those are some dirty-looking lists, not a one of 'em seems clean. Look at all of the white-collar financial crimes. Why should we accept that a president gets this power? Oh right, because the Bibl-er-Constitution says so, and the more importantly the powerful (usually due to wealth) have little concept of justice, beyond how it can be manipulated.

Money = freedom. Just look at OJ.

Ok seriously, nobody could look at the Libby case and say that justice was done. It is pathetic and proves once again that the Bush administration simply feels that the law doesn't apply to them. I hope that everyone, including conservatives, will have a problem with this. If you claim to be a proponent of law and order then you cannot support Bush's decision.

Ok seriously, nobody could look at the Libby case and say that justice was done. It is pathetic and proves once again that the Bush administration simply feels that the law doesn't apply to them. I hope that everyone, including conservatives, will have a problem with this. If you claim to be a proponent of law and order then you cannot support Bush's decision.

The problem I have with this is you jsut want to point out Bush doing this when every president does this. This is just as much a Democrat problem as a Republican one. As long as Fog goggles are off, I think its bad all around.