Seattle to Eastside commute

E-rock

I'm gonna be back out Seattle way at the end of next month for work. I'm staying with friends on Beacon Hill and will be commuting to a site in Kirkland. Work will start each morning around 7am.

If I hit the road by 6 will I avoid the dreaded traffic across the lake? (I never had to do a rush-hour commute when I lived there, since I was suckling the academic teet at the time.)

Should I take 520 or I-90?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you'll be cool. You are reverse commuting before traffic really gets bungled up. Usually that starts around 7am, but going into Seattle mainly. Hitting 520 should be better as you'll then miss the Bellevue 405 traffic. When will you be heading back to Seattle in the evenings? That may present problems on 520.

Go I-90. I go from West Seattle to Bothell...the road starts getting clogged up at around 6:30am or so. Leaving at 6am I can get to work in 1/2 hour. If I leave at 7am it usually takes twice or three times as long.

Going home there is no good way...it all sucks.