Martini Mixology

KaskadskyjKozak

I love whiskey.

But I am willing to try the martini thingy. Especially when I feel all faggy like Billygoat. My mom bought me one of those fancy little shakers (she has a thing about buying stuff for my kitchen) and I haven't used it yet. Right now may be the right time--I'll follow a recipe or two...

Real martini's are not :pagetop: faggy at all. I find that I end up putting them back faster than whiskey and tequilla. Which mean I get more f-up usually.

Wetspot I don't think I'll be mixing my Ten or Saphire with some juice, but damn Waragi is definitely palateable with some juice. (Waragi = local gin, not half bad for cheap gin, but watch out the next day)

btw- I skipped the martini last night and cranked out 2.5 hour mountain bike ride in the dark. Left at 8pm back at the house at 10:30. It was killer with 1200 foot climb, but great view of the city and da herbal made things quite interesting on the way down. I think the martini is waiting for Friday, since tonight another workout.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did 2 blind vodka tasting tests with 18 subjects and 13 different vodkas. Vodka was sipped straight at room temp.

The much acclaimed (and apparently well marketed) Grey Goose ranked near the bottom of the list, with Ketel One (another wonder of marketing) close on its heals. Stoly's didn't fair much better.

The top three in both taste tests:

Hangar One (almost unanimously)

Pearl

Absolut

Ciroc and Tangueray also did well.

Having said that, nearly all the vodkas make decent martinis.

We did 2 blind vodka tasting tests with 18 subjects and 13 different vodkas. Vodka was sipped straight at room temp.

The much acclaimed (and apparently well marketed) Grey Goose ranked near the bottom of the list, with Ketel One (another wonder of marketing) close on its heals. Stoly's didn't fair much better.

The top three in both taste tests:

Hangar One (almost unanimously)

Pearl

Absolut

Ciroc and Tangueray also did well.

While I like a good martini if I had to pick my favorite straight booze it's kind of a toss up between good Scotch and good tequila. sipping not chugging.

Those Scots and Mexicans :tup:

sure... but variety is the spice of life. :-)

and, yes, chugging is lame. if you don't like the taste enough to enjoy sipping it, you shouldn't be drinking it. :-)

Vodka for mixing or getting started. Double of freezer kept vodka is good way of getting started for the evening. In general, I find because vodka's very little flavor, they are good for mixing. My favorites for vodka drinks are shots ( i made up a few the other day for a sluge that kicked ass), black russians (a favorite stand by drink that gets me wound up), vodka&juice (good summer drink), vodka tonic (another good summer drink though I prefer gin tonics especially T&T) and lemoncello ( I can't buy it here so when the meyer lemons are in store, I make my own).