Core Strength- Cross Training with Ancient Ways

blueserac

Hey folks, ever thought of adding new approaches or stressors to your training regime? Are you stuck or feeling plateaued and are having difficulty finding the route to the next level? Try cross training. (Cross dressing might get you to that next level but it may not be in the same avenue as this.)

Have a look at this link and read on:

http://www.dubside.net/swf/video_trailer_qajaasaarneq.html

Core strength has worked for so many things in so many disciplines. Try traditional inuk rope gymnastics. An old climbing sifu of mine introduced me to a form of slack rope walking and balance training that was very useful in developing these things but are only a fraction to the traditional inuk rope techniques. There are over 38 disctincly different qayaq rolls and this works for that so it must work for this.

A gym and a lot of fancy gear used for plyometrics can get you there in a way. So can pilaties, gut this will gain you more ground and benefit in less time. It also only requires two trees, two slings, a few bines, and two sections of rope.

Edited by blueserac

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those urban ninjas are awsome and have a lot of martial training. Most martial arts are very complimentary to other sports. The explosive or plyomtric aspect, cardio, stretching and full muscle conditioning that you gain are amazing.

Breaking is pretty sweet too. However, for those like me that are ronin, or don't have access to cardboard, and have never been able to carry a tune the rope gymnastics are great.

That mini clip is just that a short clip from a continious segment that runs nine minutes. There is a lot to it.

But will you be able to do this?

http://www.glumbert.com/media/acrobatic

wow. That's incredible. As is this:

No doubt. However I'd like to see their knees when they reach 30. It's like this younger guy I was bouldering with today. He was taken 15 footers onto the ground. "Dude, do you want me to move the crash pad next time?" "No, it's a flat landing area."

Sigh, I remember back when I had cartiledge in my knees.

Edited by plexus

Qajaasaarneq is a blast. The low moves are not too bad and are mostly timing and balance. The high moves are a bit rough. It has about as much connection to climbing as slackline does. But then again when you bust a qajaasaarneq move on the slackline people are going WTF?

So are you a kayaker too or you just surfin the webs?

But will you be able to do this?

http://www.glumbert.com/media/acrobatic

wow. That's incredible. As is this:

Wow! Could we just, like, give those kids some M-16s and a few grenades and send them to Bahgdad for the house-to-house clearing? Being able to bust moves like those across the rooftops and balconies, I think they'd clean that place up in a hurry!

ketch, yeah you know all those times when the rain is a week old and still steady at 36NM and all your buddies are either wise to your con tricks to drag them up the Buttress or Crest or are still nursing that wound or shiner from last week when, at the pub your devised the idea of, aiding that route come waterfall with a few cases,wigs and lawn chairs; then yeah it is time to pull the qayaq out.

Yet, busting all those low or high rope moves would look cool on the rope or a slack line; I was really suggesting that it will assist some of those that have difficulty locked off flipping through their rack like the school janitor with keys. The improved core strength and finesse might actually help the mortal.

Edited by blueserac

I would tend to agree. The timeing and core strength would be an help. Especially as it can be done inside when rained out. One of the most advanced moves I have been shown is a high rope move where you start in a dead hangthen pull into chinup position, Then hold the rope in your mouth while mantleing up and rolling around the rope. Then do it again in the oposite direction. Easy right :o

It's all good kinda funny that the name translates as "like rolling a kayak" but that is only the new P.C. term the original name of the sport translates from Inuit as "interesting games played on a harpoon rope." No reason we can't make it a climbing rope :brew: