A woman's worth

archenemy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the article is BS.

I'm sure it's hard to be a parent, working or not. But it's really easy to be a bad parent. You can see them everywhere, letting their kids run around public places screaming and out of control, and the parents helplessly follow and pick up after them...I see this all over the place.

you are very very very correct. and it is a pitiful example of how to rais children. these are the people who feel guilty for working 10 hours a day and let thier kids ride rough shot over them. any time or relationship where the kids figure out they are in control is out of control.

*mommy brag*

i get compliments on my childrens behaviour on a very regular basis. alot of things contribute to that, but my ex and i agree that part of the reason they are growing to be such amazing people is becuase i was home with them. we are consistant and we don't let them run wild where it is inapropriate (ie anywhere in public) and we are willing to call any situation. if something starts to go wrong, we leave. PERIOD. even disnyland ;)

there is a whole generation of parents trying to be their kids best friend. I don't think that works. i don't care if my kids like me or not. I LOVE them and thats what matters.

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Have you guys considered how totally awesome stay-at-home moms are? And totally underappreciated! The next time you see one you should thank her for raising her kids.

Sure, soon as random people come up to me and start thanking me for making computer shit work.

will you marry me?

Unfortunately, I'm already married to the perfect woman, and I will always be married to her through the end of time.

I really don't understand dad's who don't like to play with their kids. The best parts of my day are waking up early to make breakfast with my son (my wife gets breakfast in bed each morning), and then the hours of 6-10pm when I play with the kids and put them to bed while my wife gets a chance to relax.

What it the world is more fun than playing with kids?

you have to be kidding me. this has to be some kind of troll or something :confused:

Glad you said it. I was thinking the same thing.

Have you guys considered how totally awesome stay-at-home moms are? And totally underappreciated! The next time you see one you should thank her for raising her kids.

Sure, soon as random people come up to me and start thanking me for making computer shit work.

I have the same issue with Tips too. I don't get tips for doing my job. Why do so many people expect them???

i think this is the best point.

i don't think a person should ever become a mom becuase she thinks she is going to get thanked or apriciated or get any kind of compensation. you become a mom to give not to get. it is a disgracful display to see these women wanting to be THANKED or appriicated for soemthing THEY CHOSE TO DO. so writing an article about "how much a mom is worth" is total bullshit.

and that is why so many kids run wild and are heathans. thier parents want to be appriciated so they will give thier children anything so they can feel good about thier child being "happy"

/rant

i think this is the best point.

i don't think a person should ever become a mom becuase she thinks she is going to get thanked or apriciated or get any kind of compensation. you become a mom to give not to get. it is a disgracful display to see these women wanting to be THANKED or appriicated for soemthing THEY CHOSE TO DO. so writing an article about "how much a mom is worth" is total bullshit.

and that is why so many kids run wild and are heathans. thier parents want to be appriciated so they will give thier children anything so they can feel good about thier child being "happy"

/rant

Very true.

Yeah I saw that...looks totally bogus. They don't factor in a few things: the average housewife has neither the training nor the skill to be "psychologists" or "cEOs" and may in fact do more harm than good in those departments (at least my mom did!), and housewives don't get performance reviews--no one fires them if they slack off. Unlike CEOs, they have no real consequences for mistakes they make, except for maybe a headache when their kid cries or a stain on the carpet. Unlike psychologists, you can't sue them for messin' with your mind (though some would argue that *is* their job...)

i disagree. there is a performance review and fireing is divorce.and the real consequence to fucking up as a mom is you rais a psycopath. that is a lot of resposablity. I am not really sure how running a company is more dificult than running a family. they require different skill sets for sure. i think that when a ceo fails people lose money. when a mom fails we lose a life.

and yes i was a stay at home mom for 8 years ;)

going to work every day is so much easier. people tell me when i do a good job. they give me money, i can call in sick, and i can just take a day off because i feel like it. i am really good at leaving my office work at the office, i am a mommy all the time, even when the boys are with their dad. i never know when i am going to get the call tha someone fell off the monkey bars and broke something.

and just think how hard it is to get those kids to pass their spelling tests!!!!

Yeah I saw that...looks totally bogus. They don't factor in a few things: the average housewife has neither the training nor the skill to be "psychologists" or "cEOs" and may in fact do more harm than good in those departments (at least my mom did!), and housewives don't get performance reviews--no one fires them if they slack off. Unlike CEOs, they have no real consequences for mistakes they make, except for maybe a headache when their kid cries or a stain on the carpet. Unlike psychologists, you can't sue them for messin' with your mind (though some would argue that *is* their job...)

i disagree. there is a performance review and fireing is divorce.and the real consequence to fucking up as a mom is you rais a psycopath. that is a lot of resposablity. I am not really sure how running a company is more dificult than running a family. they require different skill sets for sure. i think that when a ceo fails people lose money. when a mom fails we lose a life.

and yes i was a stay at home mom for 8 years ;)

going to work every day is so much easier. people tell me when i do a good job. they give me money, i can call in sick, and i can just take a day off because i feel like it. i am really good at leaving my office work at the office, i am a mommy all the time, even when the boys are with their dad. i never know when i am going to get the call tha someone fell off the monkey bars and broke something.

and just think how hard it is to get those kids to pass their spelling tests!!!!

I KNOW :cool:

And moms do get vacations, time off, benefits through their spouses if they are married, etc.

And as a contractor, I don't get paid vacation or matching 401 or sick time or any of that. I ain't bitching b/c I chose that. Same as a mother made that choice.

how is this so? i have yet to meet a man who can breast feed a child and if he can, thank god there is finaly a way to share the buren. i have been called home from trips, from the dr's office, because there was something up with the kids. thier needs always come before mine.

when i was married my husband worked all the time and hwen he wasn't at work he was doing his own thing. he hung out with the kids on occasion, but that never once meant i stoped thinking abou the boys or worrying about them, i was and am always on call.

Muffy, i gotta call bullshit on this one...I do a tot of the cooking/kitchen shit, watching the kids on the weekends, getting up at night with a sick kid/feeding kid/nightmare-having kid. Then throw in the sports work for different teams/practices etc. My wife on the other hand, runs the finances, works her ass off etc. etc.

...and your comment about "breast feeding" does not apply to all children...

Sounds to me like you enabled your prior husband to "get away" from a lot of his home responsibilities...you were as much responsible for the way Jason behaved as he was...you could've easily insisted that he pull more of his domestic responsiblities than he did....fair is fair, and this ain't the 1950's

will you marry me?

Unfortunately, I'm already married to the perfect woman, and I will always be married to her through the end of time.

I really don't understand dad's who don't like to play with their kids. The best parts of my day are waking up early to make breakfast with my son (my wife gets breakfast in bed each morning), and then the hours of 6-10pm when I play with the kids and put them to bed while my wife gets a chance to relax.

DUDE! so spot on...

And moms do get vacations, time off, benefits through their spouses if they are married, etc.

And as a contractor, I don't get paid vacation or matching 401 or sick time or any of that. I ain't bitching b/c I chose that. Same as a mother made that choice.

how is this so? i have yet to meet a man who can breast feed a child and if he can, thank god there is finaly a way to share the buren. i have been called home from trips, from the dr's office, because there was something up with the kids. thier needs always come before mine.

when i was married my husband worked all the time and hwen he wasn't at work he was doing his own thing. he hung out with the kids on occasion, but that never once meant i stoped thinking abou the boys or worrying about them, i was and am always on call.

Muffy, i gotta call bullshit on this one...I do a tot of the cooking/kitchen shit, watching the kids on the weekends, getting up at night with a sick kid/feeding kid/nightmare-having kid. Then throw in the sports work for different teams/practices etc. My wife on the other hand, runs the finances, works her ass off etc. etc.

Sounds to me like you enabled your prior husband to "get away" from a lot of his home responsibilities...you were as much responsible for the way Jason behaved as he was...you could've easily insisted that he pull more of his domestic responsiblities than he did....fair is fair, and this ain't the 1950's

i do not even want to hear from you on this topic. you have a nanny :nurd:

and you are right. i did enable.

will you marry me?

you have to be kidding me. this has to be some kind of troll or something :confused:

no its not...this is very similar to my home...

I pay for a nanny as well......no other way.

to me thats like paying someone to clean my house. even if i could afford it i don't think i could have done that when my kids were little. i do have a yard guy though. i hate yard work HATE!!

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

DUDE! so spot on...

I know... megablocks, trampolines, zip-lines, legos, building snowmen and igloos, throwing rocks in the lake, jumping off dirt piles - now that I have kids I can act like the kid I still am, without anybody thinking I'm weird!

i do not even want to hear from you on this topic. you have a nanny :nurd:

and you are right. i did enable.

we have a nanny that leaves at 3...that leaves the afternoon for one of us with the kids...had you worked as well as Jason, you would have arranged for childcare (either a nanny or daycare)likewise...asking for props for something you chose reeks of selfimportance...

Edited by RuMR