I fondeld my gear

sk

Glad to know I'm not the only one doing this! I just purchased the remainder of my gear list at Redpoint. I've got it spread out and just keep staring at it. Very cool looking even if I'm not totally sure what it all does. Total newbie here. I can't wait to start my lessons!!!

I've been climbing for 8 years.... son you got it BAD welcome to my world!!!! :eveeel::lmao:

who is teaching you lessons and what did they ask you to buy??? out of curiosity...

A cc.comer is teaching me. The guy helping me at Redpoint talked via my cellphone to him about remaining items on the list and a couple of things changed. This is what I ended up when I put it all together (from what I won at the PMR film fest raffle and what I'd purchased before and today.)

IMG_0507.JPG

awwwwww you even have my favorite book by my favorite author. *snif*

p.s. i am totally not joking. those are all great purchases. (i wanted to make sure you were not getting ripped off.) those 5 tens are awsome!!! i bought them last summer. really good all around shoes :moondance: and my right foot may be broken but i was totally wearing my left climbing shoe last night. if you haven't yet, wear them around the house and break them in a bit. you will be suprised the things in your house you can climb with a little sticky rubber (and yes i really do that too :blush: )

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys get the sniff and they begin to THINK they know what they want to do."oh ya I have always wanted to try climbing" boink boink

ah im just buggin ya I wish you luck, but no arguin at the crag though

i know i am trying to not get too excited.... the last two (including my ex husband who i taught to climb) turned out to be great climbing partners for a while. *fingers crosses*

p.s. i am totally not joking. those are all great purchases. (i wanted to make sure you were not getting ripped off.) those 5 tens are awsome!!! i bought them last summer. really good all around shoes :moondance: and my right foot may be broken but i was totally wearing my left climbing shoe last night. if you haven't yet, wear them around the house and break them in a bit. you will be suprised the things in your house you can climb with a little sticky rubber (and yes i really do that too :blush: )

Thanks for the :tup:, Muffy, and looking out for me, too. :) I love the shoes. Just tried them a couple of days ago on a rock wall at the house we were staying at in Bend. I never thought about wearing them around the house, but will do that. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure the kids will get a kick out of me climbing around the house.

I admit it. I took all my gear out last night, my rope and every thing and spread it out all over the floor and played with it and touched it. My latest boyfriend has declared he, of the broke is back clan, shall climb. Now he has cragged a few times in the past... he has climbed a couple of mountains... and now he thinks he wants to climb with me. he bought harness shoes et all last night.... and i have to admit... i got excited :blush::blush::blush:

Keep him!

Thanks for the :tup:, Muffy, and looking out for me, too. :) I love the shoes. Just tried them a couple of days ago on a rock wall at the house we were staying at in Bend. I never thought about wearing them around the house, but will do that. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure the kids will get a kick out of me climbing around the house.

my kids are pretty convinced i am insain... but they are old enough now that if i show up to pick them up with my harness on they are totally mortified :eveeel:

let me know if you are ever in eugene and want to climb :) i am always up for climbing at smith too :grin:

I admit it. I took all my gear out last night, my rope and every thing and spread it out all over the floor and played with it and touched it. My latest boyfriend has declared he, of the broke is back clan, shall climb. Now he has cragged a few times in the past... he has climbed a couple of mountains... and now he thinks he wants to climb with me. he bought harness shoes et all last night.... and i have to admit... i got excited :blush::blush::blush:

Keep him!

keep your fingers crossed for me :crosseye:

IMG_0507.JPG

WTF? Chalk and chalkbag are part of a starter kit? I can see it, maybe, if you were starting out on .10 and up, otherwise, it's just part of the bullshit obsession with learning to frequently and repeatedly dip your hands out of nervousness, not necessity of function. What a bunch of shit.

I hate to see someone get started this way.

I was explained about the usage and overusage of chalk at the shop, DeChristo. Probably didn't need the bag as well as the chalk, but oh well. It's only money.

And I have three young kids, Arch. I gotta do something while I'm waiting for piano, violin, swimming, dance, etc to be over with.

Guess I should have posted this in newbies and not spray. Lesson learned.

I was explained about the usage and overusage of chalk at the shop, DeChristo. Probably didn't need the bag as well as the chalk, but oh well. It's only money.

And I have three young kids, Arch. I gotta do something while I'm waiting for piano, violin, swimming, dance, etc to be over with.

Guess I should have posted this in newbies and not spray. Lesson learned.

Whoa--wait a minute!!!! You are in the right place--we are just giving you shit. None of it serious.

Whoa--wait a minute!!!! You are in the right place--we are just giving you shit. None of it serious.

Just been taking a bunch of ribbing from non-climbers about me learning to climb at so it's a bit of a sore spot for me. And the Redpoint bumper sticker is already on my minivan so I couldn't include it in the photo. ;)