Flipper Pie

G-spotter

# Every person who strikes a seal with a club or hakapik shall strike the seal on the forehead until its skull has been crushed”;

# “No person shall commence to skin or bleed a seal until the seal is dead”;

# “[A] seal is dead when it has a glassy-eyed, staring appearance and exhibits no blinking reflex when its eye is touched while it is in a relaxed condition”;

# “Every person who fishes for seals for personal or commercial use shall land the pelt or the carcass of the seal

No one is Above the Law! Especially the Marine Mammal Regulation.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain to me why Inuits in Baffin should be held to the same laws as Vancouverites when it comes to subsistence?

Because they live in the same country?

Because bashing baby seals is Canada's biggest embarrassment, and they want to have some standards for the business?

Because Inuit live in Vancouver too?

Because subsistence is not necessarily tribal in nature?

I dunno, you tell me...

I remember a few years back when some tribe in the northwest was going to harvest a few whales. They insisted they had the right to do so, because it was their tradition and their way of life, etc.

I remember being surprised that speedboats and explosive harpoons were (apparently) also part of their native american whaling heritage.

Go figure.

I remember a few years back when some tribe in the northwest was going to harvest a few whales. They insisted they had the right to do so, because it was their tradition and their way of life, etc.

I remember being surprised that speedboats and explosive harpoons were (apparently) also part of their native american whaling heritage.

Go figure.

You got me....I cant even remember a couple of years back.

Explain to me why Inuits in Baffin should be held to the same laws as Vancouverites when it comes to subsistence?

What Inuits? This is the Newfie Seal Hunt bye! Although I guess it applies to the Inuit too, but they are more likely to spear or shoot an adult seal than to club a pup.

"Seal flipper pie is a regional Newfoundland delicacy."

"Following international condemnation, Canada prohibits the killing of seal pups less than 12 to 15 days old. 12 to 15 days is the age at which the seal pups are usually weaned and abandined by their mothers."

# “[A] seal is dead when it has a glassy-eyed, staring appearance and exhibits no blinking reflex when its eye is touched while it is in a relaxed condition”;

seal = coworkers?

i didn't realize so many of the people sitting around here were actually dead. i thought they were just ignoring my phone calls

Go figure.

No shit! I have this problem with native hunting special rights as well. In Montana, Idaho, and Washington (probably other states as well, but these are the only ones I have read regs for) they are allowed to hunt when and where other people aren't, and they are allowed to use their 4 wheelers and snowmobiles in areas where everyone else is not allow. This is nostalgia? Come on.