How gun control doesn't really work

sheaf_stout

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Alaska snowshoeing a few weeks ago and there was a sign on the traihead that said;

Found: 9mm handgun on trail. Call to have it returned.

People in Alaska know the value of a good 9mm in the wilderness.

In winter, you're going to shoot a irritated moose (kinda hard to put down with a 9mm but you could if you empty the clip) or a hungry pack of woves or a HUMAN.

Either way, you better have good gun control so your aim is true.

let's legalize drugs and ban all but 18th century style muskets (isn't that what the 2nd amendment was protecting anyhow?) - most folks'll be too fucking stoned and clueless to have a gunbattle last more than a shot or two

would like to see how that mall shooting in utah last week woulda gone down if white-bread had walked in like a fawking red-coat

we can take all the contraband firearms and melt'em down into a statue of charlton heston the size of godzilla's great-goddamn-granddaddy

Edited by ivan

let's legalize drugs and ban all but 18th century style muskets (isn't that what the 2nd amendment was protecting anyhow?) - most folks'll be too fucking stoned and clueless to have a gunbattle last more than a shot or two

would like to see how that mall shooting in utah last week woulda gone down if white-bread had walked in like a fawking red-coat

we can take all the contraband firearms and melt'em down into a statue of charlton heston the size of godzilla's great-goddamn-granddaddy

now that is a thought

I want an AK AK gun. I've always wanted to shoot down a strafing fighterplane. And a buffalo from a galloping appaloosa with a Winchester 30 30. And sink a submarine with a depth charge.

Those are my three wishes. That is all.

You can get all that if you live outside of California.

I would not get the AK if I lived in N. America.

I would get an M-16 variant that can handle the most available caliber in that area. NATO 5.56mm would be it. You can also get them in 5.56mm/.223 chamber that can handle the millitary and civillian versions of the round.

Small, lightweight cartridge, accurate at human fighting distances, round cost, body armor penetrating projectiles, hunting for edible animals, protection from large predators, etc.. many advantages. Probably the best fit for N. America in the coming Great Social Upheval scenario.

There will also be lots of easily available spare parts.

Guns don't kill guns, guns kill people.

let's legalize drugs and ban all but 18th century style muskets (isn't that what the 2nd amendment was protecting anyhow?)

would've thought you'd ascribe to the Constitution being a "living, breathing document". In which case, the 2nd amendment was/is protecting the most advanced weaponry of the day/today.

would've thought you'd ascribe to the Constitution being a "living, breathing document".

wow, speaking of drugs, that would be a bit frightening, eh? a piece of paper acting like a lung? like the necromicon or something - die, die, die! unholy text!

i still like my musket concept - how about imagining a gun battle 'twixt the crips'n'bloods? dudes in 'doo-rags w/ a captain sparrow-esque pistol cocked crazy-eyed style?

the blunderbuss would still make an excellent home-defense weapon!

English_flintlock_blunderbuss.jpeg

I would think only uncomfortable to shoot if there is a doubt in your mind to what your target is and should you or shouldn'

t you

it's about the type of handgrip

EXACTLY, just hold it tight, tighter the better,and don't close your eyes when you pull back the trigger,or so is how I was taught at the range.Let me guess,now your giong to tell me I was taught wrong?