Donnie Baker

drater

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. It's graded 12a but that's flood control for sure, it's bouted some strong climbers for a lot of attempts. And it really kicked MY ass.

I tried to get Snickers on it for a true hardpersons onsite attempt but he was too busy doing FA solo's up north. Or something.

Dave Jones FA, circa mid to late 80's I think.

so is this location being kept secret by mr. blowboarder

nope. follow the img properties to the url and a fascinating history behind OC and surrounding crags...also speaks volumes about the abundant access issues around this area...

shore looks like a purty crack; mebbe you didn't show chris any photos....

mebbe the whole crew was speaking in tongues and suffering from auditory hallucinations and driving 20 miles to try and onsite hard trad had little to no appeal at the time.....mebbe not..the details get sketchy somewhere about there....what was supposed to be a scenic cruise up some 5.7 chimneys turned into a full on first ascent free solo of overhanging corners to avoid "that mountain of bat shit in that crack"...or perhaps I dreamed the whole engagement....

I'm sure he would have hiked it no matter what condition his condtion was in.

gneiss looking gneiss you mean.

SC, to be honest, I don't know the current access status of OC. It's on the White Block, which is the highest developed cliff on that particular massif, and if you look at the Omak cliffs from the town of Omak it will appear as a bright shining face, almost mirror like in it's reflectivity (yes, it's a kick ass winter locale). You should PM Sargent Rock for details, he'll know the story or can get it from Sean if he's not up to date.

Amazing how bolts fuck up a place, there's an area within 30 miles of there that has a longstanding no fixed pro ethic and suprisingly enough, no access issues.

Ala Forest Gump, that's all I got to say about that place...

" It's on the White Block, which is the highest developed cliff on that particular massif"

The highest rock on the hill?

I climbed some rad lines with Mitch in the area about 10years ago.

One crack on the hill top was called omak crack I thought, but it was rated 11+ (maybe 11)... awesome line, none-the-less.

• 3 weeks later...