Creepy?

carolyn

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the new Stihl calander. I'm pretty sure its full of G rated material. I'd post some photos if they were online, but I don't think they are.

Like a lot of industrial equipment sellers these kind of photos are pretty common. I get mine from a chain saw seller; he hands them out to frequent buyers. I know I've seen plenty of calanders like this at a bunch of shops since I was a kid. Obviously they're trying to sell a piece of equipment, and they figure if they can show it off with an good looking model it will boost sales at least for guys.

I like my Stihl calander. The women are good looking, but it's totally obvious that no woman or guy would ever opperate a chain saw dressed in a bikini. I guess I don't take them too seriously, and just enjoy them for a laugh.

Carolyn,

Thanks for the enlightening and engaging discourse on this subject. People can always agree or disagree based on their own observations or experiences. For me, your points strike powerful chords, bringing issues to the surface that often remain in the subtext of society's messages.

Way to put yourself out there regarding something so important to you. :tup:

I totally agree!

I've got the new Stihl calander. I'm pretty sure its full of G rated material. I'd post some photos if they were online, but I don't think they are.

Like a lot of industrial equipment sellers these kind of photos are pretty common. I get mine from a chain saw seller; he hands them out to frequent buyers. I know I've seen plenty of calanders like this at a bunch of shops since I was a kid. Obviously they're trying to sell a piece of equipment, and they figure if they can show it off with an good looking model it will boost sales at least for guys.

I like my Stihl calander. The women are good looking, but it's totally obvious that no woman or guy would ever opperate a chain saw dressed in a bikini. I guess I don't take them too seriously, and just enjoy them for a laugh.

Funny, I just bought a chainsaw last year and I didn't get a calendar. No fair. :cry:

Carolyn,

Thanks for the enlightening and engaging discourse on this subject. People can always agree or disagree based on their own observations or experiences. For me, your points strike powerful chords, bringing issues to the surface that often remain in the subtext of society's messages.

I totally agree!

Keep it up and you'll be labeled Feminazi in no time.

This dude is not right in the head. There is a place for men like that.

is the guy you're meeting in a month or two a photographer?

\

No not a photograper, he runs marathons and climbs.

How does one manage to get paid for that? I like that lifestyle, sign me up (except for the marathon part).

Carolyn,

I totally agree!

Keep it up and you'll be labeled Feminazi in no time.

I'm a sucker for girls in uniform. :grin:

This dude is not right in the head. There is a place for men like that.

is the guy you're meeting in a month or two a photographer?

\

No not a photograper, he runs marathons and climbs.

How does one manage to get paid for that? I like that lifestyle, sign me up (except for the marathon part).

I would like to sign up for it too. ,but I think he owns something ,I guess he can do what he likes.

Its not about working a job you like or dislike. Its not about being male or female. Its about doing a job that excentuates your skill rather than your body - OR focuses on both EQUALLY no matter who you are.

What if the desired skill IS your body?

I start to get nervous when people dictate what other consenting adults should or shouldn't do or think. Modeling is just one of a million ways to celebrate the human form. So is cutting your hair or wearing clothes. You've never cut your hair or worn clothes?

tvash-

modeling is usually used to sell a product, right?

So, why make the persons body the focus rather than the product?

Ive mentioned before, this doesnt only apply to females. Men get put in this position as well. And, from both my personal and professional experience, I see how damaging it can be when advertising or a job focuses more on the persons body than the product or necessary skill. The subliminal messages can be incredibly destructive.

this isnt a man vs woman topic. In my mind it has more to do with personal values. Honoring both body and mind, as well as feminine and masculine in all humans is an important value to me. My intention is not to 'dictate' with the things I have said. It's more or less to explain why a request as the one above might not be appropriate.

Someone mentioned earlier that there seems to be an attitude (not necessarily on here - generally in the world) of complacency and "thats just the way it is". That seemed to be a very truthful statement to me. I also think when a subject like this comes up, whether online or in person, there tends to be a lot of defensiveness. Its like women are complaining, always wanting more, blah, blah, blah. I think that is reasonable to an extent because a lot of changes have been made regarding gender equality (whatever that is). It probably feels like, "enough is enough already!". I totally get that.

For the men who have kids and a wife - how often, when your child gets hurt do they come to you for the bandaid? OR, for those who might lead trips in the wilderness, who do the group members usually go to first? More often than not,I would guess they go to the "motherly figure". We have conditioned ourselves that women are the ones who are the caretakers. If I was a male, I would be somewhat disappointed to miss out on those interactions. Im sure there will be a day when men have had enough of always having to uphold the masculine stereotype. Heck, you already see that happening with dads staying home and mom going to work. I say, get after it and good for you!

Dont get stuck in a role just because that is what society has always done. Of course, if thats the role you prefer, I see nothing wrong with that either.

Sheeesh! I will try to stop. I appreciate the honest dialogue with some of you, even if we dont agree.

*disclaimer-nothing of what I say is absolute for every situation and person. All of what i say is only a generalized opinion from my own research, experiences,and values.

:brew:

Why a blue bikini? Is it because he can easily photoshop blue into fleshtone?

Maybe Chaps should sign up for this. If photo dude is taking the pic who is going to be belaying?

Specifying a D cup would be sizeist, but he seems to be willing to take a flat-chested woman with a great smile if she wears blue :P