Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget it's check-in day! I'm still away from home so no scale, but will be back tomorrow.

A big :tup: for whoever started this and has kept me watching what I eat and working out or Friday night could have been even more embarrassing. I was at the Sea Tac Marriott sitting in the hot tub. I got out and noticed a horrified look on hubby's face. He motioned to my suit. What had been a pretty blue was now colorless so it looked as if I wasn't wearing a suit at all. Only the straps remained blue. As I got closer to the family, hubby looked more relieved. He said for a minute he was afraid the suit was completely gone! Either way, every single person at the pool was staring at me and my now nude-colored suit. There were almost 100 people out there. Considering at my age I like to pretend I'm invisible when wearing a swimsuit, it was a worst nightmare moment. Especially since we were all there for a dance competition and I will be seeing these same people over and over again at future dance competitions. On Saturday, I heard a girl say, "Hey mom, that's the girl who's swimsuit got ruined." The good news is I'm going to get a new suit paid for by Marriott. Of course that means I must go swimsuit shopping which ranks right up there with dental work and paying taxes.

Oh no! Evil hot tub. :eveeel: Wild that it could suck the color right out of your suit. So, did it turn the other people in the tub blue?

i am trying to figure out how i can get a swim suite disolving hot tub at my house ;):moondance:

Oh no! Evil hot tub. :eveeel: Wild that it could suck the color right out of your suit. So, did it turn the other people in the tub blue?

i am trying to figure out how i can get a swim suite disolving hot tub at my house ;):moondance:

Invite the right person over and you won't have the expense of a new hot tub. :tup:

Invite the right person over and you won't have the expense of a new hot tub. :tup:

True, true! I believe that alcohol possesses substantial swimsuit-dissolving properties, as well. No hot tub necessary.

True, true! I believe that alcohol possesses substantial swimsuit-dissolving properties, as well. No hot tub necessary.

this is true ;)

:lmao:

Come on people, we need specific's here. What kind of alcohol, how much, you know the basics.

I know vodka has the capacity to induce table dancing, but swimsuit dissolving is new to me!

Where are all the check-ins? Am I going to have to borrow Archie's whip?

I'm holding steady at 130 lbs, but clothes are getting baggier and I'm getting stronger so I'm :)

no changes here. 143 not quite as toned as i like to be but i still can't really work out. I went to the the doc yesterday and he put my BMI at 24 and confirmed i am indeed meromorphic. he said if i weigh what i weigh now for the rest of my life it is perfectly healthy. he said if i want to lose 10 pounds for cosmetic reasons, thats up to me.

Come on people, we need specific's here. What kind of alcohol, how much, you know the basics.

I know vodka has the capacity to induce table dancing, but swimsuit dissolving is new to me!

Specifics are difficult, Selkirk, due to all the variables and the number of swimsuits out there. One suit may dissolve with only one alcoholic drink provided other sensorial catalysts are properly brought into the mix. Other suits, without extra sensorial catalysts or if those are not properly applied, may need significantly more amounts of alcohol before dissolving.

The type of alcohol needed for dissolving a swimsuit varies with type of suit. Red wine has been known to work on a one-piece swimsuit. Microbrew beer, too. Perhaps someone with bikini experience could offer their insights.

I am eating Reese's pieces right now.

Oh, man, you're killing me, Arch. I've been pretty good eating wise this last week, but would love some chocolate right now. I'm more partial to Ho-hos but might have to open the kids' box of Ding-dongs if a piece of fruit won't hit the spot.

Today I'm at 207.5

That's a drop of 12.5 lbs from May 1st or a drop of 9 lbs from contest start date of the 6th.

I don't know if I'm up to it, but I can't drop more than 7 lbs before Aug 10th or I'll have to get a fat donation.

Today I'm at 207.5

That's a drop of 12.5 lbs from May 1st or a drop of 9 lbs from contest start date of the 6th.

I don't know if I'm up to it, but I can't drop more than 7 lbs before Aug 10th or I'll have to get a fat donation.

you can have some of my fat any ol' time :moondance:

Today I'm at 207.5

Feck - You've done great! Are you just trying to maintain until the tenth and then see what the doc says?