America Invades

layton

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Vancouver hills got 140mm of rain in 24 hrs today. That's probably over 2m of fresh snow at Wadd using the 10:1 snow to rain ratio and figuring total precip would be higher at 3000m than at 500m...

Not to mention the 100km/h wind gusts.

Edited by G-spotter

Can your rig day-trip it up there from Concrete?

That was a day trip. Departed here at 0715, back in the home territory at about 2.30 pm. We normally cruise at about 190+ mph, all the photography is conducted at 100 - 120 mph. Customs & refueling adds some time. It is a little different to head up there, however, as opposed to, say, running up to Baker's summit in ten min or so.

• 1 year later...

Hey Drew I know this is an old post but is that.....

Headwall Creek with Klite and/or Portal Peak??

Looks like it to me.

Was going to fly over that way last Sunday but Mr. Pilot swayed us to fly a quick lap around Waddington. Oh the torture....

And about John. I think its cool when Yanks venture up here and are not totally obsessed by their own state/country.

Its no secret that the REAL mountains start north of the 48th parrallel. Yes we should grab the Picket Range then all cool peaks outside Alaska would be ours (evil laugh...)