Red rag, string, tape or cloth

Jens

If you ever see anything red attatched to the first bolt of route, that means it is a work in progress and may have not yet been safely bolted or cleaned. It could be a dangerous siuation even if if appears to be completely equiped or fun looking. It could be unsafe.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's red tagged cause some punter can't send.

What if the route setter is injured? or the route still needs cleaning. If you come in and steal it? Your and asshole. Maybe and FA, but still and asshole.

TREAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED! WOULD YOU LIKE IF SOMEONE SAID "FUCK YOU IM CLIMBING IT"?

Edited by kevbone

• 3 weeks later...
What if you put your own bolts in? Then is it fair game?

happy thanksgiving. yes, that's what i was referring to.

i think 6 mo's is reasonable for the bolter to claim sole proprietorship, imo, but when one sees red tags hanging on a sweet line for over a year or more, then come on man, give it up.

i put bolts in somewhere recently and didn't bother with a red tag. it's open, it's there, and anyone who sees it is welcome to check it out. (doesn't mean i'm gonna advertise it, especially since i haven't really worked on it yet!)

• 5 weeks later...

if that red tag is faded, go for it. just take your chances that it has been cleand and bolted all the way.

i jumped on one that looked like ti was done and it was not red tagged. it wasnt cleaned worth sh&&. broke all kinds of loose sh&& off on me. scared me to death. then there were a couple bolts missing on the top. more fear to snack on. god i do love it when you dont die and your shorts are still clean at the top.

I put red tags on routes usually because I have not yet cleaned something dangerous off yet or a bad bolt skull ...climb at your own risk :mistat: I am not that possessive about the FA, have at it, but to shank someone's route without putting some work into it is kinda MANK

• 4 weeks later...