Just Another Day in the Neighborhood

MtnHigh

Shortly after getting home last night my son Ryan and I heard a loud crack in a neighbors back yard. The noise was followed by about 5 seconds of intensely loud branch thrashing and ending with a loud crash.

We ran to the neighbor's thinking a large tree fell on his house. I knocked on the door and neighbor George answers. I asked him, 'are you OK, we heard something crashing in your back yard'. He says calmly, 'come in and have a look at this'.

The scene minutes after the crash

801Picture_01-med.JPG

The next morning

801Picture_02-med.JPG

801Picture_03-med.JPG

801Picture_010-med.JPG

801Picture_011-med.JPG

The extraction

801Picture_04-med.JPG

801Picture_05-med.JPG

A wonderful sunny day in Portland

801Picture_06-med.JPG

801Picture_07-med.JPG

801Picture_08-med.JPG

801Picture_09-med.JPG

And the rest of the story.

Intoxicated driver hits a light pole and guard rail on Skyline Bl above my house. Our back yards butt up to Skyline. snugtop.gif Volvo crashes through the neighbor's yard and into his house. The driver was OK, just really freaked and mushsmile.gif He bolts after 5 minutes of conversation. Man hunt transpires. Word from the cops is he turned himself in this afternoon.

Ryan is on a couple of evening news programs. Two news teams interview him and used the footage.

thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the area and that section is 25 mph. It blows me away how fast some people drive that road. If you even think about going the speed limit, they ride your ass hard. It's nuts. That guy deserves what's coming to him. Both from his wife and the police.

"Hi Honey." "......hi." "Ummmm...where's the car?" yellaf.gif

I live in the area and that section is 25 mph. It blows me away how fast some people drive that road. If you even think about going the speed limit, they ride your ass hard. It's nuts. That guy deserves what's coming to him. Both from his wife and the police.

So true, locals drive it like a Formula One track. There are never any police patroling Skyline, so drivers get the impression that they can drive as fast as they want. Mike demonstrated to me the art of pissing off Skyline drivers by maintaining the speed limit. Withing seconds there's a string of cars behind you.