Bitterness

olyclimber

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the white stuff on the out side of my orange after i peal it is bitter frown.gif
Naringenin, Muffy. It's good for you. It helps repair your DNA. DNA is like a set of directions. The words have to be spelled right, or they don't make sense. Naringenin fixes spelling mistakes in DNA. grin.gif Edited by catbirdseat

i think the white stuff on the out side of my orange after i peal it is bitter frown.gif
Naringenin, Muffy. It's good for you. It helps repair your DNA. DNA has to be spelled right. Naringenin fixes spelling mistakes in DNA.
that doesn't make it taste any better mad.gif umm bitter

atcggtaccctagcatcgtatagactagctagttagctcgatcgcgtagctcagctctctcagatcgcatcgctagcatcgatcagctagctacgat

atctagcgtagcatcgatgctagtagctacgatgctagcatcgatcgattagctagcatcgatcgatcgatcgatgctatgcatgctfuckyoucatbirdatcgc

atactgcgctacgatcgattatcggctagctacgatcgtagcatcgatgctacgtacgtagctagtagctacgatgctagctacgtagctacgatctagcatcgat

cgatcgatgcatgctagctacgatcgtacgtaggctcyou'readumbassatcgctacgatcgtacgatcgatcgatcgtacgatcgtactacgatgctagctag

Speaking of bitterness, here's a story. There is a company in Yakima called Yakima Chief which uses supercritical CO2 to extract pure hop oils from the flowers. This stuff is super concentrated. It takes an itty bitty quantity of this stuff to brew beer.

We received a one ounce sample for testing in the lab. My friend Ward, for some reason, took a finger and wiped it over the surface of the yellowish paste and applied it to his tongue. You should have seen his face. He said it was the most intense bitter taste he'd ever experienced. It took hours before it went away.

OH!

I've got a good "crazy old skool scientist" story.

A guy in my department (who happens to be somewhat famous in the climbing/mountaineering community as well) was once tasked with synthesizing and purifying some metabolites to a particular drug. Rather than synthesize the stuff conventionally using organic chemistry techniques, he decided to just take the drug personally, let his liver and kidneys make the metabolites, collect his own urine, and isolate the metabolites out of it.

Worked like a charm supposedly and with fringe benefits!

mushsmile.gif