rough week

Gary_Yngve

It's been a rough week.

Yall know about

- Kurt's accident

- Roger's jeep being found

Add to the list

- Denice Denton, chancellor of UC Santa Cruz and former Dean of Engineering at UW, committed suicide

- J.P., acquaintance of mine (and climber / cc.com lurker), seriously injured in a plane crash (3rd-degree burns on 30% of his body)

Hugz to all.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Filipinos, Yemenis,Chileans, Saudis, Tunisians, Morrocans,

Surinames, Ecudorans, Columbians, Bolivians (must be the coca), and Syrians.

you must be thinking of Paraguayans, Bolivia is the royal blue blob in the middle

You mistook Algeria for Morocco too. Damn US education system. the_finger.gif

Shit. How many billion people are there in the world?

You can focus on the negative and depress yourself - you are a climber, you own a rope, go hang yourself!

Or do something else.

You weenies that just turned 30 - What wimps! You're kids! I'm a generation older than you, and I'll bet I'm in better shape than you! (And I have a big penis.) I celebrated my 40th birthday by going paragliding. That was a few years ago. Look at Stimsom Bullitt and Fred Beckey - those guys are in their 80s and still climbing. 30 years old, and you're whining! Put a gun in your mouth! Please!

You know, faggot, you're right. What am I doing in cafe feeling-sorry-for-yourself when I feel so good. I should find something to whine about. I mean, when I first heard about Dr. Denton's suicide, while I didn't understand it, I remember thinking first thing when I heard about her 43-story jump - "Awesome!" That must have been amazing. THEN I went on to think other things about it, and then I just forgot about it. Until cafe group-hugz-from-lifes-victims reminded me of it again, that is.

I guess I do have some things to be sad about - do you know just how hard it is to climb in jackboots? The good thing about them is (are?) you don't need gaiters, though. -OOPS! Shame on me! Looking at the positive side again! I'm sorry. I'll go now.

Edited by lizard_brain