mosquitos at Index and Vantage

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a warning, if you are pretty much anywhere in the North Cascades, Central Cascades, around Mt. Rainier, Goat Rocks, Mt. Adams, near Hood or a freaking lake for that matter anywhere between Northern California and Southern Alaska on the east or westside of a mountain range, you'll probably have to deal with bugs.

maybe something to do with this

One of the most effective ways to control mosquito populations that transmit disease is to reduce the number and types of mosquito breeding habitats in your community. All mosquitos require a water source to lay their eggs, which can hatch into larvae within a week.

The mosquitos probably have something to do with the "Feathers Lake" that has formed in the middle of the camping area at Vantage (due to some genius' idea of how water should drain from a depression when blocked by a road). I think the water and mosquitos may somehow be related. Just a hunch.

• 2 weeks later...
wave.gif Don't come here, there is mosquito here too! These ones will kill ya, though. I am surprised I am not dead yet, holy shite I have just remembered I have forgotten to take my medication since I have been here, ah the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Ken, what are you taking? Artemisin or one of the Chloroquine type drugs?

I am not taking anything. I figure if I need to I have a laboratory at my disposal to see if I have malaria. Also there is a ton of clinics that can diagnose malaria, some of them it might be the only thing they can do halfway decently. cantfocus.gif