martial arts

whirlwind

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taebo?? hellno3d.gif

That is NOT zen at all! Maybe in LA, but nowhere else.

I could offer some training recommendations, but if you're on the fast track, I can deliver justice for you a lot faster. Just let me know if I can help.

Hey what's that smell...

You lack dicipline! Just watch my show Walker, Texas Ranger and you'll learn all you need to know.

He was asking about martial arts. Not about geriatrics.

Here's the Martial Arts news of the century

gall3a.jpg

Cars to be protected from birds by ninjas

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Organizers of a vintage car rally reportedly have hired karate experts to protect the vehicles from marauding native parrots.

About 40 members of a local karate club have been enlisted to protect the 140 classic cars due to visit an alpine village near Mt. Cook on New Zealand's South Island on Sunday, the New Zealand Press Association reported Friday.

The karate experts will protect the cars from Keas, native parrots that have been known to be destructive in their search for shiny items, the news agency said.

Denis Callesen, manager of the nearby Hermitage Hotel, said bird lovers need not be concerned the karate experts would use martial arts moves on the parrots, which are a protected species. Their job would simply be to scare the birds away, he said.

Local wildlife ranger Ray Bellringer said the karate experts were unlikely to deter the Keas.

"They will fly around and laugh," he said.

The best method to prevent Keas from damaging vehicles was to squirt them with water pistols, he said.

I agree the Capoeira is an incredible workout. The only reason I would say that it's harder to get in shape with that style is soley due to the number of injuries (especially wrist injuries) that occur in that sport. Not to say that BJJ doesn't result in injuries--I've sustained more while practicing that than any other form--but it seems that folks in Cap. get even more. Just empirical evidence, but it might be worth a little research.

And BTW, one of Brasil's better fighters teaches BJJ right here in Ballard--right at the Firehouse. There is a second teacher who is world class who teaches in Greenlake--that class has a different "feel" to it, but the technique that is taught is the same.

what other forms have you practiced?

now i know which one your talking about though, a it looks almost like a dance, and seems to be very althetic. but im not sure how you get wrist injuries isn't it a stand up form?

No, it is very "gymnastic" and its practitioners bounce off the ground on one hand whilst twisting around like possessed madmen. It is beautful to watch.

If you seriously want to talk to me about MA, you can PM me and we'll talk. I may even kick you ass for free if you're real nice to me wink.gif But no bullshit, I am happy to chat if you are honest about what you are looking to learn from MA.