all literary tools...

RuMR

so, watched pride and prejudice last night and its been 15 years or so since i read the book and got into an argument with my wife...

Was the Aunt sent by Darcy to scope Lizzy's intentions/feelings or was the Aunt a free agent???? confused.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so, watched pride and prejudice last night and its been 15 years or so since i read the book and got into an argument with my wife...

Was the Aunt sent by Darcy to scope Lizzy's intentions/feelings or was the Aunt a free agent???? confused.gif

That is funny...I watched that movie last night too! I thought the Aunt was another agent of Darcy. He is such the master manipulator and match maker! If only I had someone like that in my life pulling for me.

Rudy,

You go to movies like that in order to placate the spouse/date with your generosity, or perhaps to get some points for being a "sensitive guy". Sitting through crap like that is all about, "Sure, anything you say honey".

But you flushed all that work down the toilet by getting into an argument about it. yellaf.gifpitty.gif

you mean uncommon???

It was the primary function of women to get married and to marry off their female family members. Also, they were bored--they were only allowed to play harpsicord, embroider hankies, and stalk men.

ahhh.. the good old days. at least stalking is still socially acceptable.