Bouldering vs. Routes

Knottygirl

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are there no purists in the world anymore?

Climbing is like religion. For some people it is religion.

Different people pray to different gods... some people only believe in one god... others got a laundry list of people they pray to. And some people don't believe in a god.

Some worship in a synagogue... others in a temple. Some anywhere they want. Some think the sabbath is Saturday... others say Sunday. And everyone has a different document they reference.

And who's right? Who's wrong? Who's the holiest? Alpinists? Boulders? Sport climbers?

yoda.gifwazzup.gif

Brienne,

It depends on how high the walls are. I usually just traverse and boulder. If you want to try getting used to trad climbing, in your climbing do some lockoffs (to simulate placing pro). Also try climbing with a weight belt to work on carrying more weight. It's amazing what a difference that just five pounds can make. I can get up to 5.11 sport and nowhere near that with a full rack on.

Well...actually I have a messed up forearm so I ain't climinb shit no more. madgo_ron.gif

Different people pray to different gods... some people only believe in one god... others got a laundry list of people they pray to. And some people don't believe in a god.

Some worship in a synagogue... others in a temple. Some anywhere they want. Some think the sabbath is Saturday... others say Sunday. And everyone has a different document they reference.

And who's right? Who's wrong? Who's the holiest? Alpinists? Boulders? Sport climbers?

yoda.gifwazzup.gif

John, you are the Anti-Dwayner!

See Rumr, maybe if you read the original poster's question:

...what is the better training (in the gym) bouldering or route climbing?...

Of course you would be better off climbing outside, but that's not what she asked, dood. Geek_em8.gif

for getting better for TRAD... rolleyes.gif

yoda.gifwazzup.gif

John, you are the Anti-Dwayner!

I prefer prophet smirk.gif madvillain works too yellaf.gifwazzup.gif