Casual week at the crag

willstrickland

Springtime stoke from wiki:

"Regarding the repeat of the Nose, the team of Caldwell and Rodden free climbed it on Oct 14, 2005 by swapping leads. Then on Oct 16, 2005, Caldwell freed the Nose in less than 12 hours. A few days later, Caldwell returned, freeing the Nose in 11 hours, sprinting down the East Ledges descent, and jumping on Freerider, the three-pitch .12b variation to the Salathé wall, topping out 12 hours later. In total, Caldwell climbed El Cap twice in 23 hours, for a total of 66 pitches of hard free climbing. He fell four times."

hellno3d.gifrockband.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe that Caldwell's climbing exploits are a clever ruse to hide the fact that he's an advance scout from and alien race. While we're busying going 'oooooohlookitdat!', he's making topo maps for landing zones, scouting locations for cliff-top rotating restaurants, and impregnating our women!

I do believe that Caldwell's climbing exploits are a clever ruse to hide the fact that he's an advance scout from and alien race. While we're busying going 'oooooohlookitdat!', he's making topo maps for landing zones, scouting locations for cliff-top rotating restaurants, and impregnating our women!

Stealthy Martian anti-gravity technology would certainly go a long way toward explaining the lad's climbing exploits...perhaps you're onto something there.

Musta felt easy after the Dihedral Wall:

"It became obvious that this route would be a huge step above anything I had climbed. It was absurdly sustained. Most of the existing hard free routes on El Cap had only a few 5.13 pitches, but of the first fifteen pitches of the Dihedral, one was 5.14, one 5.13d, three 5.13c, three 5.13b, and four 5.12. On top of that, these pitches were sustained. I had to really concentrate from the start to the end of each pitch — none were one-move wonders. "

shocked.gif