Scalia Preaching to the Choir

catbirdseat

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure any of the black-robed nine who have any length of tenure know where each other sit and stand and possess the self-confidence to speak their minds in chambers as well as in public; accustomed to differing opinions by default, they're fools if they don't learn to accept the spray if not enjoy it.

group sex talk

WASHINGTON - Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's recent speeches have ventured into some surprising territory, with the staunchly conservative father of nine joking about sexual orgies.

Scalia is known for a biting humor and is entertaining on the talk circuit and on the bench during the court's argument sessions.

He raised some eyebrows with a speech this week at Harvard University, however, with a comment about the number of people needed for group sex and the jest that "sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged."

I wonder if Mr. Scalia reads the English translation of the Bible....because you know...there is a slightly different interpretation than what was said in its original dialect at the time...

If he does read the English translation....well then, that would go against his philosophy...if he is a Christian.

If he does read the English translation....well then, that would go against his philosophy...if he is a Christian.

He's a Catholic - you know, the ones who are divinely guided in interpretation, so it really isn't interpretation. I think he believes he's infused with the spirit of the writers of the Constitution so his interpretation is divinely guided as well.