Art Collectors?

EWolfe

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 dalis, 2 Durer woodcuts from the 16th century, 3 of the 4 Oregon trail prints (not timberline), 2 large scale pics of my bros and I in Nepal with Everest as a backdrop, 1 each of the Ansel Adams repo poster of 1/2 dome(climbing partner gift), pic of Ama Dablam, Leroy Neimans 100 year Vegas print (loan from bro), The painter of lights Yosemite thing, and a bunch of other horseshit like a Tonka from Nepal. I'm not a collector though, despite having spent too much $ on this crap.

You?

Paintings I picked up while traveling/living in France, Australia, and New Zealand. My own b/w photographs (better and bigger prints coming now that I have a darkroom)

( PS. Looking for good beta on b/w landscape photo ops in the Cascades. No, I'm not a professional. Not looking for a specific point on a map, just worthy trails etc. )

Edited by foraker

Ed Musante Collage, Phillip McCracken Artists proof from '74 (worth a good bit now), another P. McCracken print, Thomas Moran 1887 acid etching (original) of 1/2 dome & El Cap From Glacier point (I think), Sherman 5.13 beer-swillin' in flip-flops bigdrink.gifhahaha.gif, lunchtime on the girders in New York (b&w), large japanese calligraphy, a painting by a local woman that struck me at the art walk last year, and some Ross Art (flowers, mostly) for Feng Shui.

Here's the Moran, my favorite. I think the stressed frame works good with this:

3712Temporary_File_183-med.jpg

Bigger Version

Some of my own work, and a lot from other local artists that I've traded or bought over the years. Drake Deknatel, Rob Roy Chalmers, Jefferson Pinder, Michael Murphy, Jef Gunn, Michael Dougan, Carl Smool. I just scored a gorgeous Glenn Rudolph B & W photograph that I need to get framed and up on the wall.

Wow! Start a thread about art and bounty follows!

I just went to my aunts to pick up some stuff from Mom's storage cleaning and picked up a Gretchen Daiber drawing! (Her father is well known in mountaineering)

I already have two (unframed) by her, so I can do a triptych!

fruit.gif