When will it stop snowing?

JoshK

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JoshK it stopped snowing and started raining almost exactly when I went out about 5 this morning cry.gif. It rained pretty hard all day to make certain I got good and fucking wet cry.gif, and then (mail in your protests) changed back to heavy snow early enough to give me a couple of inches to sweep off my car cry.gif.

Howz that for whinin'?

I am torn between being stoked that it's actually being a good skiing winter and being bummed that I can't do all the cool stuff I did last January when it was warm & sunny.

JoshK it stopped snowing and started raining almost exactly when I went out about 5 this morning cry.gif. It rained pretty hard all day to make certain I got good and fucking wet cry.gif, and then (mail in your protests) changed back to heavy snow early enough to give me a couple of inches to sweep off my car cry.gif.

Howz that for whinin'?

I am torn between being stoked that it's actually being a good skiing winter and being bummed that I can't do all the cool stuff I did last January when it was warm & sunny.

at this exact time last year it was -15C and there were 100 unclimbed ice routes within 30 minutes drive ofmy home cry.gif

We gots no snow in the SquareBanks. It's extremely thin here and historically the Oct-Jan half of the winter is when we get most of the precip. XC trail conditions are the ultra suck...no new precip in a month and around -20. The Yukon Quest sled dog race (~1000mi) is not far off and the Yukon river hasn't frozen over at the crossing, there is virtually no snow on the leg into Whitehorse nor on the leg out of North Pole.

And aren't Texas and OK burning down?

What climate change?

We have one of the best powder winters in the mountains in recent history here in Colorado, and the Front Range is burning. It's been about 25 days since any precip in Denver.

Can I tell you the fun in doing the logistics for four photogs a reporter and two live trucks at 2:30 am in the morning. Stupid arsonist. Burnt out 2,700 acres of open space between Golden and Boulder.