Mt Triumph ???s

Charlie

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I did it a few yrs back, the NE ridge was loaded with rap anchors. We had no problems with a 50m rope except the one snag and I recall being hypothermic as I climbed back up to free it.

Took us 3 hrs to climb the ridge in 50ft of visibilty, 4.5hrs to descend in the rain.

It was tough for us to bag in 2 days but we did.

Have fun hope you get better views than I had

S

I was on the NE ridge last week and we used two ropes, 30m and almost-30m, for raps down the route. It was a slow descent, but rap anchors are plentiful and easy to find. We didn't have any problems pulling rope, but it took our slow asses nearly 6 hours to descend.

Going down to the SE shoulder sounds like a better way out. Have fun, Stebbi [big Grin]

TR w/photos available here.

[ 08-22-2002, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: slothrop ]

Anchors on SE shoulder are quite good. Scramble SW just below summit to first double rope rap. Scramble easy terrain 200' down and look around knobs on the left (EAST) for second set of bomber anchors. Double rope rap. Down climb easy terrain to short rap (15'). Walk down heather and rock shoulder above polished slabs. Walk down slabs under the "big wall" comprising the NE Face of Thorton Peak and find ramp to get on the glacier. 50m ropes will work just fine.