• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yelrotflmao.gif

A review of Geogaddi on Amazon:

I've been a hardcore electronic music fan since the mid seventies(Schulze, Roach etc) and have a VERY open mind but I just don't get what's so special about this music. IMO, BOC's music is so absurdly overrated that it baffles my mind to even think that these guys have probably made tons of money from selling this junk. This nonsense about "numbers" and "math" as well as the recurring "childhood" theme that everyone talks so much about is nothing but marketing hype. Music aside, I must hand it to these two guys for being marketing geniuses. They have managed to stay out of the spotlight providing little to no biographical information other than saying that they are members of some sort of "society"(the so-called "Hexagon" blah blah blah ). They further capitalize on two popular music forms: (1) Trance/house beats (2) low-fi acid and analog samples. Add to this formula the blatant Satanic messages found in Geogaddi and whala! You have music that sells in bunches. Now, this is not in any way saying that some of what was already written in earlier reviews is not true. For instance, Geogaddi can definitely scare the life out of you; specially if you fall asleep to it under a less than optimal mental state. But this is not in any way indicative of genius. It has been well known and documented for centuries that certain tones played in certain ways at certain tempos will cause the mind and body to react in specific ways(there are countless classical works that capitalize on such techniques). In short, BOC highlights everything that is bad about this sub genre of modern electronic music: Random, chaotic noises thrown on top of low-fi drum loops with an occasional, politically incorrect vocal part thrown in here and there. All it takes is some time and a little experience with an application such as Absynth and most anyone can turn out "music" like this. I can't rate Geogaddi any lower than a 1 star, or else I would. Stay away from this garbage. It may cause brain damage.