any unemployed science geeks out there?

minx

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone I know who graduated in Chemistry left the field because they wanted to make some money. Chemistry has to be one of the only degrees where if you continue your education past a batchellors degree you are destined to make less money.

oh so true! the finances of a graduate degree just don't wash in that field.

NOLSe--pchem was just lame waste of 6 credits rolleyes.gif

btw--as far as education goes, i'm not even a chemist. chemistry is for nerds who can't hack biochemistry.

Yeah... protein structure and folding has nothing to do with gibbs free energy rolleyes.gifGeek_em8.gif

yeah-but you couldn't hack it so you went the pchem route. loser hahaha.gifGeek_em8.gif

Actually I was a chem, biochem, biophysics triple major until my senior year when I realized I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in a lab with an HPLC and bitchy office mates hahaha.gifmoon.gifyellaf.gifwave.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

My first job interview out of college was a place called molecular probes in Eugene. At the end of this several hour interview the HR lady informs me that the pay was 14. I said $14/ hour? She said no $14k a year. I informed her I could make more working at Burger King part time. Fuckers only did the interview so they could prove to imigration that they could not hire an american for that price. I should have realized this when I spent the first interview asking they interviewer to write it down because I could not understand what the hell he was saying.