Raccoons

olyclimber

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get some pics. I'm sure they'll be back...it is not the first time they've showed up. They started showing up when we put the cat outside (to eat our cats food of course).

When living out on the OlyPen, my dad got a contract to refence a section of road they were expanding. When cutting down a tree, he found a whole nest of the little buggers. The ma drug off all of them but one, which appeared to be the runt (as about the size of the one above), so my dad brought it home. We raised it up in our chicken coop. It was cute and cuddly at first, but eventually it grew up and had nasty claws, stunk to high heaven, and developed a nasty disposition. Finally, we took to leaving the chicken coop door open...he would wander off and come back for a few weeks....and finally he never came back. I'm pretty sure he had something to do with the raccoon raids staged against our house a few years later.

Don't let their cute looks fool you, those rasty little bastards are responsible for the deaths of many of my Indian Runner ducks, They rip out the guts and brains and leave the bodies laying in the bushes, they even killed a momma duck on her nest as she fought to save her family.
They seem to really enjoy killing things just for the sport of it. One killed all seven of my chickens without eating any of them.