Climber, homeless, and needs help..........

Icefall

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't "homeless" until September, 11th, which seems like a really strange date for anyone to decide to kick someone out on!?

Anyroad, if this guy is for real, he should take the advice that a lot of people have taken the time to give out, and if he isn't, well...then that is on his conscience.

Hollaback!

Sounds like it's more the mental aspects of dreaded "homelessness" and the associated fears that are getting you down. I can certainly empathize; this isn't a society or culture that seems to look kindly upon those in that position, and feelings of shame and embarrassment can run rampant.

You're kidding, right?

Our society gives generously to "the homeless". An audit in Denver recently revealed that some panhandlers with "homeless" signs take in over $400 a day. Our society, on balance, is more sympathetic to their plight than is often portrayed.

• 2 years later...

If only I could re-live the glory days when I finally finished working my seasonal job in Denali and was once again "homeless and unemployed", my favorite time of the year. Sure, it sucked trying to figure out where I would live after I climbed for a few months but somehow, it always worked out. But, I never once had to beg or steal to make things happen. Seems to me, if you apply yourself just the very least possible, things will happen. Sit on your ass and wait for Ed McMahon to bring the million bucks and you get what you deserve... Not much sympathy and more hard times. Hope it works out for IceFall.