• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
thelawgoddess

the burn

The middle of the desert in Nevada in mid-August? Surrounded by patchoulli-soaked trustafarians?

SOUNDS GREAT!

pitty.gifhellno3d.gif

Certain prophylactic products can prevent "the burn". Certain antibiotics can releive it.

What about the itch and the swelling??

I can't imagine anything I would want to go to less than that...

Well, yeah, maybe the Republican National Convention.

yeah..I like the cold more than the heat....I'll pass as well! But make sure to post lots of pictures...I've heard there's some great wack jobs that go!! photos from a distance are always entertaining!

I've had friends go a bunch of years ago, and some others who live in Truckee who are thinking to go this year. It actually sounds like a pretty entertaining iteration of the Earth Circus and the people watching is pretty fabulous. I like that sort of public group art and wierdness expression, it would be worth it just to check out the various bizarre vehicles. I expect it was better years ago when it was fully subculture, instead of getting written up in Time and Newsweek. The heat would just add a surreal edge, though I am a fully acclimated Northwesterner who's idea of a great beach is one that includes shade. yellaf.gif

But no, I'm not going down there. Are you LG? If so, take pictures and tell stories.

The shop I work at has been fixing up people's junker bikes for it... talk about a pain in the ass! cry.gifrolleyes.gif

Why, do you take the seats off? hahaha.gif

I've had friends go a bunch of years ago, and some others who live in Truckee who are thinking to go this year. It actually sounds like a pretty entertaining iteration of the Earth Circus and the people watching is pretty fabulous. I like that sort of public group art and wierdness expression, it would be worth it just to check out the various bizarre vehicles. I expect it was better years ago when it was fully subculture, instead of getting written up in Time and Newsweek. The heat would just add a surreal edge, though I am a fully acclimated Northwesterner who's idea of a great beach is one that includes shade. yellaf.gif

But no, I'm not going down there. Are you LG? If so, take pictures and tell stories.

yeah; i think i'm going. i'm not really into the whole freaky people subculture thing (whatever that is), but a friend who knows me pretty well said i would love it and has been trying to get me to go for years. the art cars and structures are supposed to be amazing, and i'm looking forward to seeing some of the results of unleashed creativity. i'm only going for a few days. i think i can handle a few days in the desert ... even if i am surrounded by a bunch of naked weirdos. tongue.gif