who signs registers anyway?

j_b

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

iain, are those cast iron or cast aluminum? They don't seem to be rusted at all... but still heavy as shit.

I'm not sure. I just assumed cast iron frying pan material knowing those burly early folks. I know someone was going around tossing them off of summits in the central OR cascades back in the 70's/80's. I think only the Mt. Jefferson one remains. I seem to remember one on Stuart too, and I'm sure lots of other summits in WA still.

allright, lots of funny answers!

doesn't something have to be amusing to amount to amusement? as for chestbeating, i have always been of the school of thought that bragging about not signing registers was much cooler smirk.gif

didn't there use to be an argument about registers between land agencies and large outdoor clubs?

Dude, grab a clue! What on earth makes you think you're not playing a part in the history of the evolution of sports in the Cascades? 200 years from now, when there are no longer any glaciers in the Cascades and the forests have burned away, some miserable grad student will get a good laugh uncovering data on the topic. Climbing registers from the early 2000's, along with the ancient archives of this very forum, will clearly reveal things like what the climbing season once was, what people used to consider real wilderness to be, what obsolete climbing techniques were once deemed necessary, what used to be considered really hard and, last but not least, what the social life of climbers and their dates was once like early on in human evolution.