Grizzly Movie

Kitergal

Have you heard of this new documentary about the guy who lived among Grizzlies? It's controversial because it contains a supposedly very difficult to sit through audio recording of him getting killed by a bear at the end. I heard that and didn't want to see it, but since I saw this preview now I want to see it....I think...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/grizzly_man/large.html

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard about this guy. When searchers saw his campsite from the hellicopter, apparently they saw a bear sitting on top of a corpse, eating away at it. Apparently this guy was into trying to approach grizzlies as closely as possible, for "research." Watch Project Grizzly for something much funnier - this guy wants to fight a grizzly bear and is making an armored suit to let him.

Leo DeCaprio as Timothy Treadwell yelrotflmao.gif

I think it's more like Krispin Glover, Dru grin.gif

There was speculation....

Leonardo DiCaprio to play Grizzly Man Timothy Treadwell?

Posted Jan 26, 2005, 5:39 PM ET by Jason Calacanis

In my review of Grizzly Man yesterday I speculated that someone would make Timothy Treadwell’s story into a drama, but that there is no way it would be as good as the real life footage in the Sundance 2005 doc.

Well, after a little online research it seems that Leonardo DiCaprio’s production company Appian Way has bought the rights to Ned Zeman’s Vanity Fair article on Treadwell, and Leo himself is considering the role. I’m interested to see how Leo chooses to plays Treadwell: as a mentally unstable suicide victim, an egomaniacal fail actor, or as a spiritual guru who saw something the rest of us missed. I suppose Treadwell had a little bit of each of those qualities.