Acronyms

pale

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pale, I'll try to stay newbie oriented. I only actually use one acronym which is SRENE on a regular basis. I won't say that every anchor follows every item but I do consider every item and change if the situation requires. SRENE being S ecure, R edundant, E qualized, and N o E xtension.

When I direct for the scouts I am suppose to also teach CRASH for newbies as a checklist. Belayers and climbers check each other for C arabiner, (orientation and locked if appropriate), R ope (knots and routing), A ttitude, (how is there head space) S tuff (has the correct items and their "stuff"is not getting displaced by the harness), and H (harness and helmet correctley adjusted and clipped or doubled back.

These are the only two that I find usefull and like I said I only use one of them

Thanks Ketch. I'll remember that one. The one that I'm currently using for setting up an anchor (IDEAS), I always forget what half the letters stand for. Srene makes more sense to my little brain, and I'll use it till I've created an automatic approach to setting up the anchor.

And the rest of you are hilarious yelrotflmao.gif I should have known I'd get a response like that from you lot smile.gif

I've always been fond of TTFN, but it's shocking the numbers of folks who are unfamiliar with the phrase.

ok, I'll bite, what does TTFN mean? cantfocus.gif

Think Winnie the Pooh and in particular, his bouncy, striped friend's parting words...