Stolen: Klein Attitude Race MTB

chelle

F^cking theives! madgo_ron.gif You will rot in hell!

Bright blue 17" 1997 hand built Klein Attitude Race mountain bike, Judy front shock, and full XT group. If anyone hears of a really cool cheap bike let me know (in case it is mine). Stolen from U district in the past 48 hours.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LoJack would be awesome. Someone in my building must not have latched the locked store room door. A few of us got hit. Thankfully they didn't take my road bike too. Guess I'm restricted to the Burke for a bit until I can get it replaced. Thanks for the support everyone.

LoJack would be awesome. Someone in my building must not have latched the locked store room door. A few of us got hit.

i'd be careful. don't know where you live, but it could have been someone in your building. totally sucks. i was scared leaving my car in its usual spot last night, but fact is i don't really have anywhere else better to put it!

damn!!!! sorry, chelle. frown.gif

I've had a couple bikes stolen, myself..... one cause of really determined thieves (they broke my krypto lock) and once cuz of a really stoopid Double_E (long story; don't ask).

at any rate, both times.. I wanted to take a baseball bat to their little bastard bike thief knees. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Wow, totally suspect. No feedback, no other sales. Would be good to get a photo of the SN or dealer sticker on the seat tube.

I like to put a piece of paper in the head tube that says "this bike is stolen. call this number."

Thanks guys. No way to track if the guy is legit from IL or not. A few components (seat, computer, wheels) are different. Dude is asking way too much for the bike. My insurance company estimated actual cash value at $578.49, but thankfully will reimburse me for replacement of the bike at just under 5x that, less my deductible of $500...

I'll soon have a nice new set of wheels after a couple paychecks to cover the deductible. The new bike will be registered with a company that registers bikes and other valuable property so if it gets stolen it can be returned if found. After 5 moves since I bought it I no longer had the serial #.