Laguna Beach Landslide

catbirdseat

The house just left of center at the top of the photo is the one in which I grew up and where my mother still lives. I still have not been able to get in touch with her. I think she has been evacuated. I'm pretty sure the house is going to be okay though. Story and Pictures

capt.la10706011938.laguna_landslide_la107.jpg

The one that went down at the left side belonged to Lou Wright. His son had a rock band called Honk that rehearsed in the garage. Honk provided the sound track to the surfing movie Endless Summer.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope all are ok.

Endless Summer 2

the soundtrack to the (original) Endless Summer was by The Sandals :geek:

Five Summer Stories is the film actually. The soundtrack to the film is by Honk. "High in the Middle" is a cool tune replete with cornball lyrics: "Traded my Porche for a cow and a fiddle tooooooooo!" rockband.gif

B000001P10.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sorry to digress. Again I hope all are ok down there. The Honk reference hit a funny bone I guess.

I couldn't remember whether it was Five Summer Stories or Endless Summer, so I googled it. The source I came up with was wrong! I thought the Internet was always the gospel truth! cantfocus.gif

Honk used to do free concerts at UC Irvine. They'd snake power cords out into the brown, grassy fields out back of the campus and jam for the students.

So I guess you didn't eat a lot of gubbmint cheese growing up?
We were well off, but not rich. My Dad, an architect, built the house in 1962 for $40,000. Much of the finish work he did himself. My Mom put her entire pension and life savings of $15,000 into it, and there was an 18 year mortgate of $25,000. The mortgage was paid off in 1980. Since then there has been a significant amount of appreciation in property values, to say the least.