Break the Geneva convention? You don't say.

Alan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying whether it's a good or bad thing, but this current Administration has breached, modified, taken steps to discard or rejected (not ratified by Congress) a number of international treaties. This list of treaties would include:

Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty

Outer Space Treaty

Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

Geneva Conventions (including Conv. III. Treatment of Prisoners of War and Conv. IV. Protection of Civilians..)

Kyoto Protocols? Any others...?

So, this is an outcome of the dissolution of the Soviet Union and end of the Cold War along with its resultant strategic mindset? And, with this Brave New World, we are experiencing a seachange in global strategy that requires us to scrap the old ways and adopt a new way of encountering the world?

Oh, we only seem to ignore the ones that aren't convienent for us. Isn't that what's really important anyway? After all, this is the wild wild west, where were all for lynch mob justice. Since were the "good guy" the ends seem to be justifying the means. confused.gif

not even sure what to say. The current administration is just nauseating.

well, we do have the white hat in this western. If the good guys do it it must be ok.

It never ceases to amaze me that people apply standards so arbitrarily, and seem incapable of accepting that god forbid, another religous or foreign policy doctrine might have value? or that, it might even be as valid as ours?

Lots of Hubris in this country, and gluttony, and sloth, and avarice and ..... (not to say that there certainly isn't some Hubris in the islamic militants, but i'd expect we'd at least hold ourselves to the same standard we hold others if not a stiffer one. After all, aren't the evangelicals the "chosen people" while the rest of us are irredemable sinners?)

Geneva conventions, shit. How about God's (or should I say god's) laws? These bastards have no morality at all. Showing Saddam in his tighty whities is the least of the crimes agianst justice and humanity that they have comitted. Sick fucking lying bastards.

Just thought I'd bring this back. I'd like to hear what he has to say this time, but for some weird reason I think it will be the same old song.

I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is more outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment."

The official U.S. position is that all Iraqi captives are covered by the Geneva Convention on the rights of prisoners of war. But Inhofe also stressed the nature of some of the captives being held at Abu Ghraib prison. "These prisoners," he said. "They're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents. Many of them probably have American blood on their hands. And here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals."