POETIC JUSTICE!!!

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's poetic justice because he's right-wing, and anti-gay rights.... Now's he's being accused of molesting two boys 20 years ago (both accusers are felons so this may be questionable), but the Spokesmen Review set up a sting, and he ended up offering a Spokesmen Employee posing as an 18yr old homosexual an internship with the Mayors office in exchange for sex.

from the Seattle Times

Rumors of West's sexual orientation have followed him throughout his political career, in part because of his opposition to gay-rights measures. Last week, he opposed a Spokane City Council ordinance extending benefits to the partners of city employees, but backed away when council members said they had enough votes to override any veto

He has opposed legislation to protect gays and lesbians from discrimination, and supported the Defense of Marriage Act, a state law defining marriage as between a man and a woman.

In a 2000 mayoral debate, West was asked about having an ordinance banning discrimination against gays and lesbians. He told The Spokesman-Review, "I don't think we can carve out special classes. Especially if it's a class where people still disagree if it's a learned behavior or one you're born with."

In 1986, he supported legislation that would have prohibited gays and lesbians from working in schools and day-care centers, according to The Spokesman-Review.

In 1990, West sponsored a bill in the Senate that would have outlawed consensual sex between minors and required school districts to stress premarital chastity, teach "honor and respect for monogamous, heterosexual marriage," according to a Seattle Times article on the legislation.

He says he's staying on through the rest of his term (slightly less than 3 years). At the moment, he hasn't done anything illegal, just tarnished his reputation.

I think the broad "sodomy" laws in most states make almost any sexual activity that is not between married people for the purpose of procreation illegal, no? I remember people chatting about how almost any type of sexual behavior is illegal somehow, but I would like to hear from the legal experts here...

I know in Idaho there are laws against "fornication", which I think they defined as any sex outside of marriage. Unlike most states they actually prosecute for it every few years. It stuns me a bit, but they only end up prosecuting, single, pregnant girls who are 18 or 19, and of course they never say who the father is. rolleyes.gif Seems like a very effective tactic. Now she's, single, pregnant, and has a criminal record to boot!

I know in Idaho there are laws against "fornication", which I think they defined as any sex outside of marriage. Unlike most states they actually prosecute for it every few years. It stuns me a bit, but they only end up prosecuting, single, pregnant girls who are 18 or 19, and of course they never say who the father is. rolleyes.gif Seems like a very effective tactic. Now she's, single, pregnant, and has a criminal record to boot!

but remember, in idaho, if you check into a motel as a couple you're legally married.

He says he's staying on through the rest of his term (slightly less than 3 years). At the moment, he hasn't done anything illegal, just tarnished his reputation.

And, like Jacko, he's an accused pedophile.

punching fish? i'm not sure which is worse there. the people punching fish or the people making laws against people punching fish. sounds like one big trailer park. i guess that's what happens when you have an open border with california...

How is that "poetic justice"? Are you saying he deserves to be gay?

No, Dave is enjoying the fact that two boys were molested. His politics blinds his humanity.

No, it's poetic justice because he's right-wing, and anti-gay rights.... Now's he's being accused of molesting two boys 20 years ago (both accusers are felons so this may be questionable), but the Spokesmen Review set up a sting, and he ended up offering a Spokesmen Employee posing as an 18yr old homosexual an internship with the Mayors office in exchange for sex.

That's right.

His personal life is none of our business, however, I enjoy watching scandals unfold no mater who it is.

Maybe his honer the mayor should visit a home for wayward priests, he may find he has much in common.