I wonder how this will be spun.....

foraker

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the point you dumb ass - I'm not speculating. I freely admit that climate models and engineering are not in my field so any opinion is based on what the experts would have to put forward. Get your head out of your ass.

No. You're not answering my premise and trying to obfuscate, you arrogant little punk. Based on your own assinine statement,

Quote:

I think the point was that folks with degrees in what -business administration - speculate on the flaws of models put together by experts with decades of experience in the field. It would be just as odd for me to question the engineering on the space shuttle...

are you qualified to comment on matters of political and economic import?

For that matter, are you even qualified to wipe your own ass? rolleyes.gif

So then it's ok for people who haven't been in the military, who aren't politicians, and who don't have blue collar jobs to comment about military, political, and economic matters right|? Just checking, because you seem to have a problem with educated people who work in offices who don't agree with your world view.

So then it's ok for people who haven't been in the military, who aren't politicians, and who don't have blue collar jobs to comment about military, political, and economic matters right|? Just checking, because you seem to have a problem with educated people who work in offices who don't agree with your world view.

I'd say in general that commenting on policy is another matter. For instance - you could say that you don't think the cost of addressing global warming is worth the economic cost to the nation etc. That would be much differnt that stating the the Academy of Science climate expert don't know what they are talking about or that their climate models aren't worth anything.

That's my point, numbnuts. Luna is the one making this assertion - I am the one being facitious.

Reading comprehension, Foraker.

That's my point, numbnuts. Luna is the one making this assertion - I am the one being facitious.

Reading comprehension, Foraker.

This is much less fun than skiing and climbing - sunburt and tired! rockband.gif

So Fairweather, what branch of the military did you serve in?

That's about the 10th time you've asked that question of me and others. You seem hung up on this issue. I'm supposed to reply, "what branch did you serve in?" to which you will no doubt chestbeat your 3 years of non-combat service in the Army or Navy. It's all irrelevant to the topics we discuss. (see my reply to foraker regarding reading comprehension on this thread)

BTW: How's that nasty bruise doing. No doubt a guy like you has had his share of blackened orbits. As Clint Eastwood once said; "A man otta' know his limits."

119Rob_and_Wipe_Out_Falls_mini.JPG

Fairweather, you are always pretty quick with the personal attacks, hostility and the accusations of incompetence. Therefore, I'm curious as to your qualifications to speak on subjects concerning the military or national defense. I've seen you pontificate on these subjects ad nauseum so forgive me for being curious as to whether you actually made the sacrifice in your countries name or if you just talk a good game. If you don't want to share with the class thats fine, if you do though I promise not to mention a word about any military service I may have in my background.

I'm doing fine now, thanks for your concern. Hows your job? Getting enough vacation?

Two weeks in July - taking the kid on a Mount Adams circumnavigation and summit climb for a few days, then spending week #2 in the Bugs' with my brother. Then one week in August with the wife for our 20th anniversary. Yes, we'll be consuming jet fuel.

After that, I'll be quitting my job and returning to school so I can be a smart guy like you. the_finger.gif

Great you take a pefectly good sprayfest and then have to go and bust on someone for a climbing accident they were involved in. Quite being such an asshole. You're making a fuckin idiot of yourself. We'll validate your warped self-image if you'll shut the fuck up for a minute.

It seems some feel this is an all-or-nothing deal. Either water your lawn with gasoline and drive a tank to work, or live off alfalfa and get a thatched roof house off-grid.

Just think if a lot of people who COULD ride their bike to work for just ONE day a week did so, and continued to drive every other day. The step towards US energy independence would be significant. If people didn't switch to a hybrid but just used a vehicle that consumed a few mpg less for their daily commutes, the contribution would be enormous. OF COURSE it is not out of line to go on vacations that require air travel. Obviously it consumes a lot of fuel, but that is something we are willing to sacrifice to enjoy life. The point is, it's the little changes in our lives that can pay off big if everyone, all several billion of us in the USA who can, do.

In addition, this is not just about fringe enviro-wacko save the tree frogs stuff. This is about keeping America strong as a nation and beautiful as a country, and making sure it stays so for our kids. I want my kids (if I ever have them) to get a chance to appreciate what I have been given, and I know everyone here does too.

iain thumbs_up.gif

I think a good percentage of why Fairweather is so grumpy stems from the fact that he's posting at noon on a beautiful Sunday. I know you're only a peak bagger not a real climber Brian, but you should try and get out a little more.

Here's a nice picture that should cheer you up Brian.

E005BurningFlag.jpg

Edited by AlpineK

I don't diasgree with anything Iain said. In fact, I think it provides THE answer.

I did manage to run 8 miles and spend a couple hours at Spire Rock today. But you're right, AK. I guess if you don't climb 5.11c, hang out at pubs drinking wheat beer, smoke weed, and screw the skankiest girls available, then one can't possibly be a real climber like you. moon.gif

Great you take a pefectly good sprayfest and then have to go and bust on someone for a climbing accident they were involved in. Quite being such an asshole. You're making a fuckin idiot of yourself. We'll validate your warped self-image if you'll shut the fuck up for a minute.

I'm linking to his gallery, for God's sake! If he doesn't want the world to see the results of exceeding one's abilities, all he has to do is kill the link...or shut up with his 'when were you in the military?' harping.

But I think it's really fabulous that he has a 'partner' like you to stick up for him. wink.gif