Seattle Area Pub Club 4/5

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a week in England. Exciting, but no climbing.

I have a bunch of pics from skiing and hiking this winter, though the last time I brought my laptop to PubClub, I got made fun of. Maybe sometime when I have more of a chance to prep pics, say the Spring picnic...

I have a variety of pics from London, Bath, Salisbury (and Stonehenge), and Cambridge.

highlights of the trip included:

bicycling to Stonehenge

the Oxford-Cambridge boat race on the Thames

Bach's Easter Oratorio in King's College Chapel on Easter Eve

eating/drinking at pubs/cafes frequented by some of the brightest minds of the 20th century

I have a variety of pics from London, Bath, Salisbury (and Stonehenge), and Cambridge.

highlights of the trip included:

bicycling to Stonehenge

the Oxford-Cambridge boat race on the Thames

Bach's Easter Oratorio in King's College Chapel on Easter Eve

eating/drinking at pubs/cafes frequented by some of the brightest minds of the 20th century

I may have to come tonight to relive some of my own England experiences through your pics. I have witnessed all of the above except the classical music thing.

Back when I lived in England in the early 80's you could walk in amongst the stones of Stonehenge. There was a grass or rudimentary gravel parking lot and maybe a toilet and that's about it. Now the monument is off-limits, fenced off (sort of), and it is a spectacle (or so I've heard).

I may have to come tonight to relive some of my own England experiences through your pics. I have witnessed all of the above except the classical music thing.

Back when I lived in England in the early 80's you could walk in amongst the stones of Stonehenge. There was a grass or rudimentary gravel parking lot and maybe a toilet and that's about it. Now the monument is off-limits, fenced off (sort of), and it is a spectacle (or so I've heard).

My mom told me about her experience at Stonehenge in 1968. Very different from my experience, which I wrote up on the UW board:

http://uw.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2078