Proud of CC.com!

layton

Just wanna give a shout out to everyone that got after it this winter. Nice job for all those that got some, and those (like me) that got shut down constantly but still tried again and again regardless, i know there;'s a lot of you that did.

You really don't see this kind of LOCAL alpine effort in any other places with the exception of the locals in the Canadian Rockies who have a lot more going for them.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya you are soo right no one in the Sierras or Alps is out there giving it and putting up new routes rolleyes.gifyellaf.gif

It has been a good winter and there are three whole days left! Too bad about the freshiez though. Here's to spring conditions bigdrink.gif

When sheep imprint on a mother figure as lambs, they will continue to follow the person or object on whom they imprinted around even after they mature. The scientific literature records at least two cases of sheep that imprinted on a tractor as "mother" and would follow the tractor around and even sleep in the garage with it rather than in the field with the flock.

They are also very active in Colorado during the winter. Lots of winter 14er ascents going on, including completion of the first winter solo grand slam, by none other than Aron Ralston, who is famous for amputating his own arm to save his life in a canyoneering accident a couple years ago. This has links to some news stories, but they can't seem to spell his name right:

http://www.allclimbing.com/archives/2005/03/aaron_ralston_c.html

And they even have SNOW down there!

Edited by Maestro

...and those (like me) that got shut down constantly but still tried again and again...

So does this mean you're never going to stop stalking my girlfriend beeyotch? hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gifwave.gifwazzup.gif

dude, she's the one stalking me

I would encourage you to wear your helmet and be prepared to explain your comment next time you go the coffee shop d00d boxing_smiley.gif... she lurks here if you didn't know. hahaha.gifmoon.gifwave.gifwazzup.gif

yeah, i know. she was like, "i saw some 'interesting' pictures of you on some climbing website"

i wouldn't worry my friend...since you're a climber you should expect a lasting relationship built on quality time spent together. i'd be more worried about people who have jobs and brush regularly.