Narrow Arrow Direct??

Sol

Anyone got any beta on the last pitch of this route? In Cramer's Sky Valley book he says its a 10b squeeze that will only protect with big gear. How big? Also, cramer says bad anchors? Does anyone know what these bad anchors are? would be willing to fix a couple pins or drill a bolt to beef up the anchor, would either of those be a solution or is the problem bad rock? thanks for any info, bigdrink.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. Would you recommend the last pitch? it kinda intrigues me because it was on of the first 10's put up at index. I heard the first pitch got freed, what's the rating? Also, does the first pitch get aided clean very often?

The last pitch is a must do. I did it with a 4 camalot. It goes in at the bottom. Its not to bad. The rock is super sharp so the friction is great. Great arm bars and locker knees. The anchors on top are new. The anchors on top of p2 could use some chain though. There is a shit load of webbing up there now.

The first pitch is 12d. mostly sustained easy 11 with one show stopper move at the end. It should alway go clean, but what I see at index still always amazes me.

It should alway go clean, but what I see at index still always amazes me.

Thanks for the beta. Interesting that in the Sky Valley guide the first pitch is rated 5.11 A2, even though C ratings are prevelant on many of the aid climbs in the book. ???

The last pitch is a must do. I did it with a 4 camalot. It goes in at the bottom. Its not to bad. The rock is super sharp so the friction is great. Great arm bars and locker knees. The anchors on top are new. The anchors on top of p2 could use some chain though. There is a shit load of webbing up there now.

The first pitch is 12d. mostly sustained easy 11 with one show stopper move at the end. It should alway go clean, but what I see at index still always amazes me.

Yo Mike...did you send that first pitch? if not, who got the FA??

The whole thing is an awesome route...i came at it from Shirley for the first pitch and then followed up with the rest of Narrow Arrow...

I'd bring a #4 and a #4.5 for the last pitch...i don't have the "nutz" that mike does!!!! thumbs_up.gif

You guys climb way too hard. That is awesome. Maybe someone will gun me up the first pitch someday so I can wrassle with the 10b squeese.

The third pitch (10d, i think) is truly 4 stars IMO...its got a bit of everything...i think its better than Sloe Children as far as quality....

I think you can probably get over to the ledge by swinging off of thin fingers...daryl, is this possible???

yup you can crawl thru the tree to the left off of fingers. then rap down from another set and swing over to the left to a small ledge and the anchor below the the killer 10b crack.

i think that is how the weakasses can get over there, well i know that that beta atleast gets one to a really cool route and the upper pitch. either way.

• 2 weeks later...
Rumr, I'm glad you said it, and I agree...

NAD is better than Sloe Children!

(only because of the roof bit, that shiz is quite memorable)

So i've lead both sloe children and the third pitch of NAD in the past 2 weeks and although sloe children was proabaly the best finger crack i've climbed, i'd have to agree that the third pitch of NAD is the shit. as stated before its got everything fingers, hand, fist, off width. so, i've heard SC called benchmark 10+ for index; i found slow children significantly easier and less sustained than pitch 3 of NAD and would proabaly rerate the third pitch of NAD to 5.11-. Anyone agree, disagree?

• 2 months later...
You guys climb way too hard. That is awesome. Maybe someone will gun me up the first pitch someday so I can wrassle with the 10b squeese.

The third pitch (10d, i think) is truly 4 stars IMO...its got a bit of everything...i think its better than Sloe Children as far as quality....

I think you can probably get over to the ledge by swinging off of thin fingers...daryl, is this possible???

Finally did that shit yesterday and, agreed, the 10d pitch is one of the best I've climbed at Windex - a little bit of everything. Eric W, aka Lunger, styled the 10b squeeze too. Top roped Shirley afterwards - that thing is fuckin hard!