Me and Tommy Caldwell

Jim

...almost have something in common. While working in my furniture class last night with small stock and a dado setup on the table saw, last class of the semester, last 10 minutes, I made a mistake. Luckily the cut did not reach the bone but did manage to cut halfway into the ring finger nail from the side. Ouch!!!

So my question is: Will VW be kind enough to delay my 6 mo membership I just purchased last week for at least a month or will they play the vulture?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

fwiw, i was on call (ambulance) when a friend split his forefinger to the second knuckle when a counter top bucked. he had some remarkable surgery and is doing fine, but my reason for responding is that i subsequently learned from a trustworthy source that this technology to stop blades has been around for a while in the industrial sector. looks like the price is becoming more affordable ($800 for contractor saw - gulp) now and goss is making the technology available to other tool makers. you can check sawstop.com

HOPE YOU'RE HEALING WELL!!!

Ouch!! It's a good day when you return with all digits in tact. My nail has about grown back but it's still a bit sensitive and will always look a bit odd - but I'll take it considering the alternatives. Still not done with the dang project.