bellingham area rock

nalo

Shortly before leaving bellingham I went scouting around for rock and found some. It's down on chuckanut, in that area near where the trestle cuts across that bay. You park at a park at area C and then walk north west along the shore. there's a kind of well known boulder area at area B, and then in the woods of area C there is an abundance of rock, with the potential for some bouldering and even some taller TR stuff. There's this one right hand overhanging arete that really interests me. Anyway, is anyone familiar with this area? Is this area old news?

421167-thepoint.jpg.32a0be0438d807301e6edce1daa62136.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iunno, is it? Did he have the sattelite photos? Also, have you guys ever gone exploring up there? I know a lot of people have gone to the boulders on the beach, but what about up in there? It's a cool place to go walk around, regardless of climbing. It's like larrabee, but more rugged and 3 dimensional with like noone around at all.

Isn't this an exact cut and paste of an old Mike Layton post?

yes. that place has some potential, but the rock is gritty and shitty even for bellingham standards. sweet tips traverse if you climb up the hill a bit in your area B or C.

Get a tide table...p.s. the tunnel and tressle are fun to walk ala Stand By Me

I think it's worth the effort. After passing chuckanut park and going up that hill, go 3/4 of the way down and turn right just before that little store thing. Make a sharp right turn where the road gives you no choice and then go straight all the way down to a little park (area C). check tha map, yo

424010-areacmap.jpg.7120885c220158c26e31555d055bc982.jpg

Edited by nalo