I can't wait!

AlpineK

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The New Tacoma Narrows project will cost $800 million. Those who use it will be paying 100% of its construction cost (and bond-debt retirement) through tolls. Is it wrong to ask Seattle residents and others who will use this proposed $4 Billion tunnel to do the same?

BTW, AK; this reply was only a hit. I have not firmly bitten down on this troll and am now swimming off to look for better bait.

The New Tacoma Narrows project will cost $800 million. Those who use it will be paying 100% of its construction cost (and bond-debt retirement) through tolls. Is it wrong to ask Seattle residents and others who will use this proposed $4 Billion tunnel to do the same?

If Tom Foley were in Office you think they'd be paying $800 million?

Do you really think Seattle residents should pay the $4 billion when even odd's have us (as US Citizens) paying $2 billion for the Knik Arm Bridge in Alaska - a bridge that some estimates say will see a few thousand people a day max?

In the big picture, Seattle area residents pay more in transportation taxes than they get in infrastructure. In fact, all you liberal Seattle latte slurpers help pay for roads in all those red counties, not the other way around, so if they've got to pony up a little more, it's only fair. It's a pity you don't get more credit for all you pump into the state economy.

That viaduct scares the shit out of me anyway. I had a friend who missed being pancaked in San Francisco by two minutes, and I've never looked at Alaskan Way the same since. hellno3d.gif

In the big picture, Seattle area residents pay more in transportation taxes than they get in infrastructure. In fact, all you liberal Seattle latte slurpers help pay for roads in all those red counties, not the other way around, so if they've got to pony up a little more, it's only fair. It's a pity you don't get more credit for all you pump into the state economy.

Those state roads Seattleites help pay for are the very arteries they use to bleed the rest of the state. the_finger.gif

BTW, AK; this reply was only a hit. I have not firmly bitten down on this troll and am now swimming off to look for better bait.

I don't remember the details or the reasoning behind tolls on the new narrows bridge.

I'm not totally opposed to tolls in the new tunnel, but keeping traffic moving smoothly around the port is going to benefit a lot of eastern washington farmers shipping grain and other exporters.