CONSUMER ALERT!!!

chucK

CONSUMER ALERT!!!

I bought a "Beers O' the World" mystery mix of beers at Trader Joe's yesterday. On the surface it appears to be a good deal, 10$ for twelve mystery beers, and it's not like Trader Joe's stocks too much Black Label or Pabst.

So anyway, 5 beers from US, 7 from non-US, not bad. But the beers I got

Mandarin Orange Hefeweisen shocked.gif P U!

Oregon Honeybeer frown.gif puke!

"Coastal Light" WTF! the label looks like it's the housebrand beer at Super-8 motels

Some really stinky Czech beer

Some supersweet Widmer stout (puke)

I got taken. Just a heads up.

wave.gifyellaf.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the tip chucK. yeah that's the thing with Trader Joes... most of their stuff is like reeaally good or reeaally SUCK.

their Chicken Masala frozen dinner has gotta be THE best frozen shizzy i've ever had ... brown rice and chicken breast chunks in a nice curry sauce. mmmmmmmmm.... chiiicken cuurrrryyy.... cheeburga_ron.gif hmm i think i'll go have one after i write this grin.gif

their sliced sharp cheddar is pretty damn good too, and cheap ... also their frozen salmon burgers... also their orange (yes, orange) wholewheat bread rocks too. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

their frozen gyoza and frozen burritos are pretty good too, though they both make ya smell pretty foul, 12 hours later... yellaf.gifhellno3d.gif

DEFINITELY stay away from their salsa (in the glass jars) and their low-fat mayo tho. nasty. hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif oh, and their 3-dollar red wines. ugh. hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif

bigdrink.gif

You could say chucK up-chucked.

Another consumer warning (mild):

The other day I was having salad from a salad mix bag. So I'm eating it and notice a peculiar-looking vegetable among the greens. It's brown, sort of triangular in shape, and about 3 milimeters thick. What was it? It was a piece of cardboard (cut into a triangular shape). I pushed it to the side. I could have ate it with little ill effect but what for.