Dwayner

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

[Hey pseudo-psycho-analyst...keep your day job. Like your pal, "Thinker", you don't know me, and the more you guys attempt to make personal speculative jibes (i.e. "name calling"), the less "cool" your WAC appears. Is there a civil, competent spokesman for your group that can offer something less snotty to this discussion?

- Dwayner[/QB]

Decrying an entire club as "uncool" based on the *personal* opinions of a couple members who never claimed to be spokesmen for the group is tacky and presumptuous as well. I believe you set the standard for the quality of feedback you would receive by the snotty tone of your original post -- esp. the charming title you gave this thread. Seriously, if can't take it, don't dish it. I'm not trying to be snotty, I'm just saying that if you assumed a few of the WAC people there that day wouldn't read your post then that was was somewhat ignorant. I'm going to assume you're not ignorant, so when you chose to write in an accusatory, inflamatory, mud-slinging tone, you had to know you were going to offend a few people.

(the opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the wac. the wac accepts no liability for any offensive or snotty responses by this member.)

I think some may be missing the point here:

We are barely out of our cars when someone up above yells down, "we have a class!"

It's the ATTITUDE that is the problem. I agree with Dwayner 100% in the way he handled/viewed the situation. Until any of these climbers actually OWN the rock (area), I think it's completely unjustified for "whomever got there first" to take over an area that could and should be SHARED.

Had "Red" not started off with the attitude of "I have a class therefore I get to take over this area..." I'm sure you (Dwayner) would not have been as peeved.... (not to put words in your mouth)

[rockband] Dwayner!!!

quote:

Originally posted by AA:

I think some may be missing the point here:

We are barely out of our cars when someone up above yells down, "we have a class!"

It's the ATTITUDE that is the problem. I agree with Dwayner 100% in the way he handled/viewed the situation. Until any of these climbers actually OWN the rock (area), I think it's completely unjustified for "whomever got there first" to take over an area that could and should be SHARED.

Had "Red" not started off with the attitude of "I have a class therefore I get to take over this area..." I'm sure you (Dwayner) would not have been as peeved.... (not to put words in your mouth)

[rockband]
Dwayner!!!

You're not being realistic. Dwayner and I already agreed it wouldn't make sense to try and share the upper buttress -- that would be totally impractical. You can look at Red shouting from above as a threat or whatever, or you can look at it as a warning that, "hey, we've got a bunch of people up here, I know it sucks trying to climb around a large group so I'm letting you know." We're arguing over perceptions. If Dwayner perceived attitude, then he perceived attitude and if Red didn't intend attitude, then she didn't intend attitude. Period. YOu can't take a post on the internet and make a judgement about whether she had "attitude" or not.

3erden where in teh fuck do you ice climb that you have the luxury of climbign 50 ft to the left or right of another party...that would be a 100 ft wide waterfall...not too many of those around...that is jsut unreasonable...if you are too slow and dont have the melons to climb underneath someone else i suggest you go ice climb at cascade crags... [Roll Eyes] casue i WILL pass you whether you like it or not...if you are jeopardizing my safety cause you are slow...i will pass [MR T]

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

My favored venue of choice for initial instruction on rock in Leavenworth is "Beginner's Buttress" (also called "Mountaineer's" or "Mounties" buttress by the group that often covers it like flies and would probably like to call it their own.)
[/b]

Doesn't Viktor call it Mountaineer's Dome in his guide book?

Is Viktor a closet Mountie? [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

3erden where in teh fuck do you ice climb that you have the luxury of climbign 50 ft to the left or right of another party...that would be a 100 ft wide waterfall...not too many of those around...that is jsut unreasonable...if you are too slow and dont have the melons to climb underneath someone else i suggest you go ice climb at cascade crags...
[Roll Eyes]
casue i WILL pass you whether you like it or not...if you are jeopardizing my safety cause you are slow...i will pass
[MR T]

Just being 21 doesn't make you an adult. Once you get out of school, maybe the world will take a few of your corners off, show you that it isn't your oyster. sheesh.

[big Grin] No harm intended, I just sometimes get impatient with how much you know. Wait a few years, you'll know as little as the rest of us. [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by ILuvAliens:

erden.

Thanks, I won't take it personally. And no I would not want anyone above me on the Cleaver, or bellow me for that matter. We know this is unreasonalble. However, I would let a party pass if we were slowing them and others down. The idea is to move fast through the Cleaver. Spending as little time in the dangerous area as possible. Having groups stack up behind another is part of the problem. We let a party pass us as well that day. I see it like: I would rather pull over for 10 seconds let a party by with thanks, rather see them knock one down in haste as they try to pass. It is what this post is about. Not being selfish. I tend to be very courteous in the Mountains. If your on my tail. I'll let you pass. If you want to climb the route I'm on, I climb it once and be off. I don't think we are really arguing here. And I get your point. I don't think I will climb the Cleaver agan.

Point taken, ILuvAliens. No argument here, you have won me over. I hope to meet you in the mountains one day soon.

Erden.

erden.

Thanks, I won't take it personally. And no I would not want anyone above me on the Cleaver, or bellow me for that matter. We know this is unreasonalble. However, I would let a party pass if we were slowing them and others down. The idea is to move fast through the Cleaver. Spending as little time in the dangerous area as possible. Having groups stack up behind another is part of the problem. We let a party pass us as well that day. I see it like: I would rather pull over for 10 seconds let a party by with thanks, rather see them knock one down in haste as they try to pass. It is what this post is about. Not being selfish. I tend to be very courteous in the Mountains. If your on my tail. I'll let you pass. If you want to climb the route I'm on, I climb it once and be off. I don't think we are really arguing here. And I get your point. I don't think I will climb the Cleaver agan.