An Introduction

Paco

Hello fellow climbing peeps. I feel that I have been lurking on this site for too long now so I've decided that it's time for me to start chiming in. Forget all that smack talking about this site from Lambone, this shit is funny, and, occasionally, does contain decent information. I went back and read the thread on Sweet Granite in Renton and it brought a tear to my eye. That was really well done. Reminds me of a time when I was the sucker. A few climbing buddies of mine packed my backpack for me. They told me it contained an extra rope and gear, but as it turned out I was lugging around a 10 pound rock all day. It's all good. Also, the picture of the dude in the silver all-weather vest is absolutely hilarious. All this helps the day go by much better while I'm stuck here at work behind the computer looking out the window at the beautiful blue sky and wishing that I was climbing or at least in the mountains.

Till my next post... Paco

A knife, that's not a knife. That's a partner release.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

MAYBE!!! But I would have to change some plans, I will get back to you for sure.... is this one girls only??? or should I look for a sitter so jk can come too???

i need jk to be there as witness when i bbq the pope. [big Grin]

besides, we need some men around so we have something to use the leather whips on! [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

MAYBE!!! But I would have to change some plans, I will get back to you for sure.... is this one girls only??? or should I look for a sitter so jk can come too???

i need jk to be there as witness when i bbq the pope.
[big Grin]

besides, we need some men around so we have something to use the leather whips on!
[Wink]
and to clip that first bolt on the pope. [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

nononono - second week of october is Leavenworth; second week of November is Smiff Rox Tuffy-tuff.

Okay dru, I am putting this on my calander now for smiff rox.... as I will be in leavenworth the last weekend of sept, I don't think I can be there the second weekend of October...

TLG>>>> I will try and work my schedual for the first weekend in October... have to check with sitter [big Grin] and hopefully work some other plans arround

quote:

quote:

nononono - second week of october is Leavenworth; second week of November is Smiff Rox Tuffy-tuff.

i'll be there the first weekend of october. someone with an emt or wfr certification might want to be on hand at the bottom of the pope in case i never make it to the first clip.
[Eek!]
If you were a true sport climber you would be wearing two crash pads on your back with a dozen quickdraws and a boom box shoved in the middle, sandwiched around a case of red bull, a cheap digital movie camera and a copy of "How to Climb 5.12."

quote:

Originally posted by Winter:

quote:

quote:

i'll be there the first weekend of october. someone with an emt or wfr certification might want to be on hand at the bottom of the pope in case i never make it to the first clip.
[Eek!]
If you were a true sport climber you would be wearing two crash pads on your back with a dozen quickdraws and a boom box shoved in the middle, sandwiched around a case of red bull, a cheap digital movie camera and a copy of "How to Climb 5.12."

Ugh, you've got it all wrong. Sport climbers don't want to haul all that shit around; it'll overdevelop the leg muscles, causing extra weight to tug to the anchors.

And also, BBQ the Pope is the worst route at Smith Rock. Slabs are death, and to be avoided at all costs.

quote:

Originally posted by Winter:

does the metolius xxl count as two pads? [smile] if someone brings a boom box and a digicam i've got all the rest. [big Grin]