fredrogers

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mister Rodgers,

I have used Trango cams along side Camalots for a number of years. For the price they are a great deal. Nice trigger action, good bite, nice doubled slings. Can't really think of any negatives.

Dan

oops.. thought we were talking about dmm cams here. Haven't had any experience w/ the trangos though I don't think that they fall in the same league as the camalots.

[This message has been edited by dbb (edited 04-05-2001).]

Well -

If I had to choose between a Trango FCU and a DMM FCU, and I was buying here (in Canada) I would choose the DMM unit hands down. Cheaper, better quality, lighter, and has the double sling too.

But if you were comparing Trango units to, say, Rock empire Robots, or Kong cams, or Lowe Fan-Cams, then I'd go with the Trango.Better quality. Those Robots are scary!

My first two cams were Trango, and I've had them for 9 years. By far the lightest cam on my rack, but not my absolute favorite either. I think they are good for doubling up on similar sizes.

True, also, about them getting stuck fairly easy. One of the only cams I have found on a route was a stuck trango tri-cam, but I did work it loose and still use it today.

In general, I think they are good for the money, but not my first choice.

Fred

I have a number of different camming devices including BD's and Trangos. The smaller Trangos work well although the larger ones are not nearly as nice. Certainly the extended camming range on the BD's make them a far better buy. The larger Trangos are narrow and do not stay put well especially if you don't extend the sling. My suggestion is to get some of both. The Trango TCU's and the small quad cams will suffice and are cheap, but grab a #2 or #3 camalot and you'll be sold! If you can, try a CCH Alien in one of the smaller sizes. They grab in places others will not!

Happy Spending

ron

scott, in placing most larger cams you have to be carefule. you should place it tighter then you think. that it atleast what i have learned and it seems to work well. i have yet to get ANY gear stuck. (knock on wood!)

fred as far as trango cams, i would have to agree w/ any else. if you are money concious then they are the way to go. though rumor has it that they don't last.

better informed you are the better shopper you are. though when it comes down to it, spend YOUR money on what YOU think is best.